Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Weekend Review

I've listened to podcasts on and off for a while now.  I've been working by myself a lot over the last four months so I've been listening to them all the time.  I've found several that I listen to weekly and can't wait for the next one to be available.  One of my newest favorites is Arc Stories.  My sister told me about it and I was hooked after the first episode.  I listened to all 50 episodes in about a week.  It's based here in Birmingham and it's basically just people telling stories.  All the stories are told in front of a live audience and it's just super entertaining.  I've laughed and cried while listening.  They have a live event every month and this month's was Friday night at the Botanical Gardens.  I'd tentatively marked in on my calendar but wasn't sure I'd find anyone to go with me.  My sister texted me and told me they were going if I wanted to tag along.  I talked to Patrick and he said he'd go too.  He didn't really get it what it was all  about but said he'd give it a try.  It was a beautiful night to hang out in the park. 
Y'all, we were so surprised at how much fun it was. There were six storytellers.  They were all so good.  We laughed so much and just had the best time.  It was something different and fun for a little date night.  We're already planning to definitely go to the one around Christmas.  (I hope we get to one before then though.)
Saturday I picked up the kids from my parents and we hung out at home all day.  It was nice to not have to be anywhere. 
Sunday we went to church and then lunch at my parents.  Barrett begged for them to hide Easter eggs for him to hunt.  Which they of course did and he had a ball.  That afternoon we had ragball pictures.
They were running behind schedule so it took longer than we expected but Barrett did great. 
Barrett complained about his ear hurting all weekend but it didn't seem to serious.  It usually hurt the worst when it was time for him to do something he didn't want to do.  Well Monday he woke up with a fever so I decided to go ahead and take him in.  Ear infection, both ears.  Since he was running a fever I couldn't take him to the office with me and I have a lot of work to do this week.  (The next two weeks are two of the busiest weeks of the year for me.)  Thankfully my dad was working from home and said he could keep them.
If you have to go to the doctor you might as well look cute.  By that afternoon he was feeling better and Dr. Farr said he could resume normal activity as soon as he felt like it so we went to practice.  We had the best time at practice.  All the parents are really involved and it was so much fun.  I was helping get the kids to first base after they hit the ball. After practice I told Barrett how proud I was and how much fun I had with him and he said, "I'm proud of you for helping coach Mama."  I laughed so hard. 
We planted some azaleas a few months back and they bloomed this week and they were so pretty.  They're not very big but they had so many flowers.  We are loving this time in life.  Its hard and most some days I want to run away but it's also really, really sweet.  Barrett and AveryAnn really adore each other and we're just trying to soak it all up. 



No comments: