Friday, December 28, 2018

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

Christmas Eve we spent the day at my Grandmothers house.  We don't spend nearly enough time with her but it's nice when we do.  We always end up outside playing something in the yard.  My Uncle gave Barrett this yard game set.  It had props for sack races, three legged races, and egg race.  We all played with that for a while.  We had to leave there and head home to freshen up for "Midnight" Mass at 4:30.  I love Christmas Eve Mass each year.  It always feels like it's the first time I get to slow down for the season.  
We get dressed up and celebrate reason for the season.  The boys wore their new suits and looked so handsome.  After Mass we went to my parents house for drinks and appetizers (and pictures). 
Love these sweet babies!  I can't believe how big they're getting.


Mr. Elf couldn't wait to see Santa!

We put cookies out for Santa and reindeer food.  Then it was time to put Barrett to bed for the last time as a 5 year old.  The kids went to sleep surprisingly easy.  Then it was time for Santa to come!

He had to go pick up that beautiful house that was painted off site.  Then he stopped to visit a friend that was in town.  When he finally got to our house it was late, around midnight.  When he opened the back of my car he was greeted with a gallon of white paint pooled in the back of the car.  It was a disaster.  We started cleaning it up and it seemed to just be spreading.  We lost a pair of shoes, a jacket, six bath towels and Patrick's pjs.  But we got it cleaned up enough to get on with the night.  


We got in the bed around 3:00am and Barrett was awake before 7:00.  He was so excited. We woke AveryAnn up (which I regretted).  We were all exhausted.  At first AveryAnn didn't like her pink house because her new doll wouldn't fit in it.  But when she realized the back was open she was very excited.  Barrett got a big RC car and he was so excited about it. 


Patrick was trying to hatch and mini hatchimal and petting the dinosaur, just trying to keep his eyes open.

Ally Bama was so excited about her new bed and toy.


Proper Christmas morning hydration all the coffee and mimosas.

Outside playing with his new RC car.  Somehow I got very few pictures of Barrett Christmas morning!
Our 11th Christmas morning picture in front of the tree.  I say it every year but this is my favorite tradition!  I love seeing how much our family has grown and changed.

A Christmas miracle.  Everyone is looking and my kids aren't crying!

The original six!

The boys!  

One of my favorite gifts.  Whiskey with my name on it! Ha! 

We sang Happy Birthday to Barrett!
Then it was time to head to the next stop.  We went to the Horton's for dinner.  Per usual I took zero pictures.  The kids fell asleep in the car and AveryAnn slept through gift opening.  She was exhausted. (We all were).  We got home and unloaded the car and went straight to bed.  It was a beautiful day with family!  I love Christmas but the days after Christmas are my favorite.  I love the slow pace, lazy days.  Our tree stays up and we watch movies and play with all our new toys.  It's just the best!



No comments: