Monday, December 31, 2018

2018: Year in Review

It's that time of year again. Another year lived, it's time to look back on the good, bad and the ugly.  Ok, there wasn't too much ugly but the good was good and we survived the bad.  I achieved several goals, several fell by the wayside.  But I'm proud of what I accomplished and I'm planning to work hard to achieve the things that are important to me in 2019.  But first a look back.
January-  We rang in the new year with friends at the beautiful Alabama Theatre.  We don't usually do anything special for NYE but last year we did and it was so much fun!  Alabama won another National Championship in an overtime thriller against Georgia. I started reading through my one year bible.  One of my goals was to read through the entire bible and I enjoyed reading with this plan. 
February- We celebrated AveryAnn's second birthday and went to the JKS Character show.  
March- Barrett started his first season of coach pitch baseball.  We loved our team and coach.  We only won one game but we had the best time.   We celebrated Easter and our 10th Anniversary!
April- April was a bit of a blur!  We watched our friends Matt and Jennifer get married!  We registered Barrett for Kindergarten.  Brooks was born.  Barrett got his first hit in baseball, we were all so excited!  We got to enjoy the Magnolia Festival as a family.  Patrick and I got to getaway to Punta Cana to celebrate our 10th Anniversary!  It was a highlight of the year for sure! 
May-  Ally turned 10, the Royal Wedding, and baseball were early highlights.  Barrett graduated 4K!  It was the sweetest ceremony.  We celebrated Mother's Day.
June- We kicked off the summer with a trip to the Birmingham Barons game.  We made a Summer bucket list!  We enjoyed weekly lunches at the library and a fun lake day with my family!  That lake day was so special and perfect!  I'll remember it forever!
July- We celebrated the Fourth of July all week long!  We went to Alabama Adventure with our friends.  My mom, sister and I enjoyed a fun day going to see Mama Mia!.  I took the kids to see THe Lion King at the Alabama Theatre.  Barrett had his last day at CEC and we ended the summer reading program!
August- This was a big month!  We had our second annual Back to School Shrimp Boil with our friends!  Barrett started kindergarten and AveryAnn started 2K! Baby Jonah was born!  We got to see Ava play in the trumpet in the Rocket band!
September-  We watched more Rocket football!  I got to go to the Sidewalk Film Festival with my sister on her 30th birthday!   Barrett was Star Student of the week in his class!  I had a bit of a hair disaster and ended up having to have my hair professionally colored.  I got to go on a fun, quick girls trip to Nashville.  We started Fall baseball.  
October-  I lost my job and became a small business owner.  Barrett went on his first kindergarten field trip to the MJ pep rally! It was so cute and so much fun.  That same day we headed to the beach for a fun Framily getaway with the Moore's and the Stokley's.  It was a bit of a train wreck but we had so much fun!  Barrett and I made our annual trip to the UA homecoming game!  We went to our first Bryan Fall Festival.  Also I may have overcommitted this month.  We wrapped up the month trick-or-treating with friends.
November-  We went on a hike on the GUTS trail.  I went to a UAB football with Brittany, it was freezing but they won in overtime.  We went to Turkey Creek twice, once with my sister and once with our friends.  We enjoyed Thanksgiving with our families and Alabama won the Iron Bowl!
Elizabeth and I went to the book release party for one of our favorite podcasters.
December-  We saw Santa!  We went to Coley & Alex's wedding. We had school parties and field trips.  The Squad had our Christmas party.  We enjoyed Christmas and Barrett turned 6 years old!

No comments: