Monday, December 17, 2018

We like to Party..

We've been staying busy, busy, busy lately.  Which I do not love.  But it's par for the course these days.  I feel like the harder I try to not over commit, the more I find myself signed up for.  I'm not sure how that happens.  I'm trying to make the most of it and not lost my sh*t but I'm not doing a great job.
This is the first year Barrett has been keeping up with our advent activity calendar.  This was baking cookies.  We've been having a great time.

Mr. Elf has been making things interesting.  I love hearing AveryAnn giggle every morning whens eh finds him.  It's the sweetest.  It's been giving Barrett something to look forward to finding him each morning.  

We went to the Gardendale Christmas parade.

No one would take a normal picture with me.

I made the banner that led the parade!

Barrett wearing his first suit.

We went to my cousin's wedding.  It's the first wedding we've taken the kids too and they did pretty good.  It was late and raining and cold but we made the most of it.  

Coley was beautiful!

Big Al came to the reception!  It was AveryAnn's first time to meet him and she was so cute.  She started waving at him from across the room when she saw him.  

Barrett and I did a little dancing.  He was mesmerized by the live band.  It was fun to watch him.  

The next day was the Christmas party at church.  Barrett insisted on wearing his suit.  

Santa came.  

It was raining again (for like the 6th day in a row) and it was cold.  After being out late the night before, Barrett put on his pajamas as soon as we got home from church, it was 2:20.  I couldn't help but laugh.

We went to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  The kids had a blast! 


We also had our Squad Christmas party!  It was a fun night with friends!



Love these girls!
Saturday night we had the Horton Electric Christmas Party.  I'd blocked this night off for us to do something fun as a family.  The weather was terrible once again so we got take out, and watched a movie at home in our matching pjs.  It was a fun night making memories with my little family!

Then Santa came to church again!  My kids have seen Santa a lot this year!


He said they were definitely on the nice list.

He was so sweet.  We've seen this Santa a few times and he's one of my favorites!  He has the best European accent and its magical.
Mama got her picture made too!  When I was getting up he leaned over and said "you're such a lucky Mama" It caught me off guard and kind of took my breath away.  He's so right.  It's so hard to remember it in the mundane of everyday life.

The kids stayed at my parents most of the day Sunday so I could get some things done and go to bunko (Patrick was working).  AveryAnn cried because she wanted to take this Santa home.  We finally gave in and let her take it and she insisted she sleep with it.  

Today we had Barrett's class Christmas party.  I was busy helping with the craft so this is the only picture I got.  He's got one more day and it's a field trip.  Then he's home for 2.5 weeks.  I'm excited and terrified.  

He's started bringing the garbage can up the driveway and he thinks he's so big.  I hope he always wants to be a helper.
I think that brings us up to date.  We're 7 days away from Christmas. I love this time of year but always having a meltdown this time each year wishing it to be over and wanting it to be Christmas time forever.  I've trying to remember how lucky I am to get to celebrate this time of year and to have people in my life to celebrate with.  

No comments: