Sunday, January 27, 2019

Forty before Forty

I think I thought about making a "30 before 30" list.  Actually I may have made one.  I can't remember.  I can assure you I probably didn't achieve most of the items.  So I'm not sure why I think this is a good idea, but here I am.   I'm getting better about setting realistic expectations for myself.  Would I love to visit all 50 states before I turn 40? Of course!  Is that realistic? Not even a little.  But I can make a list (mostly of all the things we've been talking about doing anyway) and check them off no matter how mundane.

SO... I'll turn 40 on Sunday, July 27, 2025
6.5 years
Here's a list of things I'd like to achieve/experience before that date.  
  1. Pay off our debt!  (excluding our mortgage)(We are getting really close and this will be the only way we can afford most of this list!)  November 2019
  2. VEGAS!!! Patrick & I have never been! (We've been kind of thinking about doing this for Patrick's 40th birthday)(He also keeps telling me they're going there on a guys trip so we'll see)
  3. Go tent camping.  (We already have the tent, just got to get it on the calendar.)
  4. Host a real dinner party and actually cook all the food.
  5. DISNEY WORLD!!! We can't wait to go back!
  6. Update our Master Bathroom
  7. Perfect (and use) a skincare routine.
  8. Cut the Cord- ditch satellite. (I can not wait for this!  Hopefully this will be soon!) August 2019
  9. Update our Kitchen.
  10. Write our will. (Need to do ASAP)
  11. Try Indian food.
  12. Update Hall Bathroom.
  13. Read 20 "must read/classic" books.  (List coming in a separate post)
  14. Clean out/Organize Garage.
  15. Take an Adults Only Vacation. (Either just Patrick & I or with friends)
  16. Paint trim on the stairs. (For real, been needing to do this for about 6 years.)
  17. Go on a Girls Trip. (hopefully more than one, but one big one involving an airplane)
  18. Drive-In Movie
  19. Try Something New & Intimidating. 
  20. Family Road Trip. (Would love to road trip to the Grand Canyon)
  21. See a Broadway show. ( I'll settle for one that comes to Birmingham.)
  22. Run a Race (10K or more)
  23. Summer Road Trip with the Kids. (Really want to make this a yearly tradition)
  24. Finish the kids Baby Books. 
  25. Visit a Winery.
  26. Do something that scares me.
  27. NFL game (Preferably in New Orleans or Nashville)
  28. Full Day at a Spa.
  29. MLB game.
  30. See the Northern Lights. (this could also be a road trip)
  31. NHL game.
  32. Take a Fall Drive. (When the leaves are in peak color)
  33. Save $10,000. 
  34. Landscape our yard. (Our neighbors will definitely appreciate this one.)
  35. Ride a Roller Coaster.
  36. Make a tshirt quilt. (Either my shirts from high school and college or the kids baby clothes.)
  37. Go on a hike in every season.  (4 times each year at least)
  38. Watch the sunrise from a special place.
  39. Pull off a Big Surprise. 
  40. Go Whitewater Rafting. (This is something I've always wanted to do!)
  • Watch a metor shower
  • Buy myself something expensive (Shoes or purse)
  • Date night at a fancy restaurant.
  • Spontaneous Weekend trip.
  • Go to a Dermatologist.
I'm not sure how I'll update this.  I'll probably update this specific post and also post updates individually along the way.  Will blogs still be a thing in 2025?  I hope so!  

No comments: