Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great weekend at the lake.  We had a pretty big crowd all weekend long and I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all!  I took very few pictures.  I've really gotten out of the habit of using my camera.  I'm going to need to work on that this summer!
The boys on a boat ride.  I love watching the kids each summer.  I use the lake and summer time as a measuring stick to see how much the kids have grown and changed.  Two summers ago Porter would barely get his feet wet.  Last summer he would get in but couldn't hold himself up in his life jacket. This weekend he was like a fish.  He loved the water and would swim back and forth.  It was fun to see how much he'd grown.
Dad driving the boat.
Strawberry cake to celebrate Ryan's birthday.

Manning the grill really takes it out of you.

Dad and Porter watching the boats on the lake.

Miss Priss.  I was walking up the steps with my camera after taking the picture of Dad and Porter.  She just assumed I was going to take pictures of her.  She started strutting and posing like she was on the catwalk.  I could barely take pictures I was laughing so hard.


Terrible family photo.

Princess Ally and her Daddy.

She started posing again.  She's hilarious.

We had about 25 people stay the weekend.  It was one of the first times we've all been able to be there at the same time.  It was so much fun.  I remember my little brother and cousin playing on the deck in a playpen and now they are of legal drinking age.  It's crazy how fast we've all grown up.  I love that we still enjoy hanging out with each other.  I always pictured the days we would all be married and our kids would play together and while my brother is the only one with kids right now it's all playing out just as I'd pictured it!

No comments: