Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sad-erDay & Sunday

Saturday was our last day at the beach and we were determined to soak in every minute of it.
I got up early and headed to Thomas' Doughnuts for some breakfast treats.  I couldn't decide and I really wanted a pink box so I ordered a dozen.
We had better luck Saturday with annoying people on the beach.  Most people rent Saturday to Saturday so there were a lot of people leaving so we enjoyed a quiet morning on the beach.

I took this of our building from the pool area.  I thought it looked cool. Probably because I'm a dork!

For lunch we headed to Spinnaker for a Paradise Cheeseburger.  It was delicious.  Carla and I walked since it was right on the beach.  It was a little bit further than I remembered so we were glad we had a ride back.

I was rocking the beach hair. Ha. 

I'm not really sure what I said but apparently it was funny.  I may be biased but I think Patrick has such a pretty smile.  I'm really hoping our kids get is teeth (He's never had braces!)

I was taking pictures of the water.  Patrick thought I was taking pictures of his feet.  I wasn't but then he stuck his monkey toes in this shot.

We were not all that hungry so we went to this German place and had some really bad beer and an awesome pretzel.

After the German place we went to The Back Porch for oysters, smoked tuna dip and a Bacardi bucket. 
Patrick tried his first raw oyster.  He did not enjoy it.

Carla enjoyed her Barcardi bucket.

Finally we made it to Tootsie's.  The original Tootsie's is in Nashville.  We tried to go when I was there a few years ago but my sister wasn't 21 yet so we didn't get to.  We had a blast.  The band was pretty good and we enjoyed singing and dancing like we were 21 again without a care in the world.

Then it was time to head home.  I didn't want to leave Tootsie's because I knew it meant vacation was really over.  We had the best time and really weren't ready for it to end. But all good things must end.
Sunday morning we woke up and started packing.  We got the car loaded up and sat on the balcony taking in the last few minutes.  I savored the moment with my chocolate covered rice crispy treat on a stick.  It made leaving a little easier.

We were so excited to get home to Ally Bama but that was the only thing.

No comments: