Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Toes in the Water

Patrick and I are enjoying the beach this week.  We've got some wonderful people watching our home and dogs so we can relax for the week.  We are blessed!
We headed down Sunday night after we finished our Father's Day festivities!  My grandmother let us use her condo and we are so thankful.  She has a wonderful place right on the beach.  You can see water from every room it's amazing!  (It's currently on the market if you or anyone you know is looking to invest in some ocean front property let me know) The beach is my second favorite place to relax, it would probably be first if the lake wasn't so close! 

This is our luggage.  Yes for two people.  Like I said I tend to over pack.  I was embarrassed when we unloaded and I saw just how much stuff I brought!


We enjoyed mimosas on the balcony for breakfast!

I'd been checking the webcam all last week and it looked like there was no one on the beaches.  Well there was no shortage of people yesterday!  The water is a little slimy but not to bad!

I finished the book I started and got bored so I played with my phone taking random pictures.  This would be one of those!

We went to dinner last night at one of my favorite spots, Shuckums.  I've been going there since before my sister was born.  (Maybe even before I was born).  They're know for oysters.  I had half a dozen to start with and made Patrick try one.  He'd never eaten them before.  We got them baked so they weren't quite as gross looking as the raw ones.  He enjoyed it and actually ate two!



I just had grilled shrimp for my dinner and it was pretty good. I love their fries too so I had to have some!  It was all really good!  After dinner we just drove around checking out all the sights! 
We decided the first day was a success.  We didn't get burned and we ate some seafood!
(Random note:  I was putting on sunscreen yesterday, Coppertone 50 sport block, when I was finished I noticed all the polish on my nails was coming off.  It looked like I'd just poured nail polish remover on them but not tried to rub it off.  It was so weird.
Anyone else ever had that problem?)

No comments: