Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Weekend Review

I didn't realize it'd been so long since I last posted.  Patrick is on second shift which means the days get away from me.  We've been having a lot of fun.  Second shift is getting easier the older Barrett gets.  It's actually worked out really well this time.  Patrick keeps Barrett home three days a week and they get to spend the morning together and Barrett takes a nap and then Patrick brings him to my work on his way to work.  I'm able to get more hours in at work and get a little break.  Then Barrett and I get to do fun stuff in the afternoons since we don't have to rush home to take a nap.  
We've been trying to make the most of our afternoons.  We've played outside a lot.  
I just love these pictures of him playing on the sidewalk.  He's just so cute.  I feel like he's grown so much these past few weeks.  He's getting heavy if I hold him to long.  All of his clothes are getting to small and some days he's eating me out of house and home.
One afternoon we were going to go to the splash pad but when we got there it looked like it was going to storm so we just played on the swings before it started raining.
Thursday night Lorie and Elise came to visit.  I just love watching the kids play together.  Barrett thinks Elise hung the moon.  They are so sweet together.  They played and played.  It was nice to get to catch up with Lorie.  I hadn't seen her since the tornado back in April so we had a lot to catch up on.
Friday morning Barrett and I met Anna and Drake at the library for Toddler Time.  Drake was not a fan so they played out in the children's section of the library while Barrett and I got to hear a few stories and sing some songs.  Barrett wasn't sure about the whole thing but he sat quietly and just observed.  Our library has done some renovations since I was last there and it's so nice.  They have a nice area with a lot of toys for kids.  I think we'll be returning, especially when it's just too hot to be outside.
This boy loves Mickey Mouse.
Saturday we celebrated Harper's 6th birthday with water fun.  I didn't get any pictures of the kids playing outside.  I only got these two.  We had a great time.  All these kids are growing up way to fast.

He loves his daddy's sunglasses.  
I'll write about Father's day in a separate post.

No comments: