Monday, July 14, 2014

Saturday Mornings



Saturday mornings have become a favorite this summer.  We sleep a little later usually, eat breakfast and sip coffee.  I love the slow pace and just watching Barrett play.  This past Saturday Patrick was off work but he made plans to go to the hunting club with his brother and nephew to work. 
I treated Barrett to donuts. 
We watched Mickey Mouse and cuddled for a long time.  Longer than usual.  As I was holding Barrett, it occurred to me that it won't be long until Barrett will be going to the hunting club with the rest of the boys.  (We've still got a few years but as fast as these past 18 months have gone by I know it will be here before I know it.)






I know i'll miss these sweet, slow mornings at home with my boy. 



He was a fan of the donuts.  He wanted to taste each one.




It was a sweet morning with my boy.  I don't ever want to take this time for granted.  I know he won't be little for long. 


No comments: