Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekend Review


We had a nice weekend.  I love when Patrick doesn't have to work and we can hang out as a family.  He had to work Friday night so Barrett and I hung out at home and watched Toy Story 3.  Well I watched it, Barrett wasn't very interested in watching anything.  He went to sleep without crying which was a big change for every other day last week.  
Saturday we had plans to go down to John and Hope's house and hang out on the Ski lake with them.  It rained all morning but we decided to go ahead and go anyway.  I'm glad we did because it turned out to be a beautiful day.
The lake has this nice beach area where you can swim and hang out.  We didn't really know how Barrett was going to feel about the sand.  We've been telling ourselves that he was going to hate it and be miserable.  We were wrong.  He loved it.  He played in the sand with his dump truck all afternoon.  He would walk out in the water and just smile.  He was so happy.  
He watched the boys throw the football.
So content pushing his truck around.
Seriously, he had the best time.  We went back to the house and the boys grilled hamburgers and corn on the cob.  It was all so good.  We had the best time just hanging out with them.  We hated to leave!
Sunday we went to Mass and then to my parents house for lunch.  As usual Nana had something sweet for Barrett.  He loved the ice cream but he wasn't a fan of the cone.  
One of his favorite toys.
We came home and ate watermelon outside.  He's a fan for sure.  
We also met some of our neighbors (we're terrible neighbors and have only met a handful of them in the almost 7 years we've been here.)  They have a son that is 17 months old and he and Barrett played together while we visited.  It was fun.  It was one of those things that really made me feel like a grown up.  (I know I'm a dork.)  
Monday I had a full day of work at a school in Irondale, hanging vinyl.  I worked 8 hours up and down on a ladder.  I'm not used to that much physical activity. Barrett stayed with Brittany for the afternoon and he did so good she said.  She said he didn't cry at all and was very sweet.  I was so worried how he would do.  It probably helped that Patrick was the one who dropped him off and that we were just with Brittany and the boys last week so it was all still familiar to him.  Today I had to run back over to the school to fix a couple things and Barrett went with me.  He did so good.  He wasn't shy and played with some of the teachers.  He even stayed with one of them while I walked out of the room and he didn't cry.  Hopefully we're making some progress with the separation anxiety.  
We've got a laid back rest of the week and fun weekend ahead.  

No comments: