Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Weekend Review

I know it's Tuesday but better late than never.  
While we were at the splash pad last week I noticed Barrett was walking funny and kept falling down.  Well turns out his little swim suit was to tight, so he got some new swim trunks and I went ahead and got him a puddle jumper to wear when we go swimming.
I thought he looked really cute.
He's been loving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I cut it in triangles for the first time.  It was one of those surreal things that I can't believe I'm doing for my son.
He was so proud, he climbed up there all on his own.
Saturday morning we had a fun play date with Jackson and Cruz.  We went swimming at Jackson's house.  It was so fun seeing these cuties together.  Barrett is so laid back, he just floated around the pool in a float watching the other boys.  
After swimming we went home and took naps then Barrett and I got dinner at Chick-fil-A before we went grocery shopping.  I've always loved CFA but they won me over again Saturday night.  It was just me and Barrett, I ordered our food and walked to find a table and get him situated in the highchair since I knew I wouldn't be able to carry him and the food.  Before I could turn around to go get the tray the sweet young guy was at the table with our food. (I apologize if you follow me on instagram or facebook because you've heard this story already)  It was such a small gesture but it meant so much to me as a mama.  We had a fun dinner together.
This little girl has not been herself lately.  Nothing big, she just whined sometimes when we picked her up and she was avoiding Barrett like the plague.  She also wouldn't jump on and off the furniture.  Monday I took her to the vet and she just tweaked her back a little.  They gave her some meds and she's already feeling better.  We've got to watch her like a hawk around Barrett to make sure he doesn't hurt her.
He will sit and play like this for the longest time.  (ignore the ugly linoleum)
This morning we went to the splash pad for a little while with Keegan.  It was fun.  It takes him a little while to warm up to the place but then he enjoys it.  He only plays at a couple of the little features.  He hasn't gotten brave enough to venture into the middle yet.  
We're excited about a short week.

No comments: