Tuesday, June 21, 2016

First Beach Trip






The weekend before Father's Day, Patrick and I loaded up the car and headed to crash with some of our best friends.  Tony and Carla moved to Pensacola last Fall and we've been trying to nail down a weekend to go see them ever since and it finally worked out! They kept saying they were so excited for us to come but I was a little nervous to take both kids and take over their home for 3 days.  I don't know why I was worried, it couldn't have gone any better!  They were awesome and couldn't have been more gracious hosts.  We so enjoyed our time with them and we were so sad when it was time to leave! (Hopefully they felt the same way)
(all these photos are from my phone because I didn't need one more thing to carry to the beach.  I'm kicking myself for not at least getting some good ones of the kids on my good camera but oh well, next time)
Patrick doesn't have any vacation time so we loaded up and headed out as soon as he got off work Friday afternoon.  Some of us were very happy, one toddler wasn't so sure about the situation.
We arrived around 11:45.  Our kids couldn't have traveled any better.  They both slept the first half and we stopped to eat around 9:00.  I changed AveryAnn and she slept the rest of the trip.  Barrett was awake for the rest of the trip but he played his iPad and was so good.  We were so excited to finally get there and we stayed up way to late talking and catching up. 
We slept in Saturday, Carla made a big breakfast and we took our time getting ready to head to the beach.
We got there right after lunch and it was beautiful.  Barrett was pretty excited.  He'd been asking everyday if we were going to the beach and we were finally there.  It took him a little while to warm up.  He loved the water but only if you were right there with him. 
This princess is just the best baby.  I fed her right before we went to the beach and she just passed out as soon as we got her little tent set up.  She slept until it was time to eat again and then she went back to sleep.  She fussed a little while I was out in the water with Barrett but I came back up and she went back to sleep in my arms.
Beach naps are the best.
We left the beach and headed back to the house to clean up.  Tony grilled shrimp and we had the best time sitting around talking and laughing. 
The late night finally caught up with this little fellow.  We called it an early night and all headed to bed.
It just so happened that John and Hope ended up being about 4 miles from us so Sunday we loaded up and headed to their condo to sit on the beach with them.  When we planned our tip we had no idea they were going to be there.  I was so excited to get the girls together on their first beach trip.
Barrett was warming up to the water.  I think if we'd stayed another day he we wouldn't have been able to keep him out.
Sunday was overcast and there was a fantastic breeze blowing.  It was perfect!
Oreos on the beach.  I think the snacks might have been his favorite part.
I mean does it get any cuter!  I'm head over heels in love with this smocked swimsuit and monogrammed bonnet. My little southern belle.
Barrett was monitoring the girls.  They were holding hands and it was so sweet.
I wanted to get a great family picture on the beach of us all clean and dressed cute but when it came down to it I didn't want to leave the beach to get cleaned up so this one will have to do.

Loved getting to love on my sweet niece.  Carla took this one and Hope took one just like it on me with AveryAnn, I need to add it too.

Seriously can't get enough!

#beachhairdontcare
The boys.  Patrick always puts his sunglasses on his hat when he's not wearing them so Barrett does the same and it's so cute!
I told them I wouldn't post this on social media, we were looking like beach bums but I love it so much I had to add it here.  We had the best time!  It was so good for my soul to get to catch up and spend so much time with them!  We can't wait to do it again!

No comments: