Friday, June 3, 2016

Summer fun

We had the best time last weekend kick starting summer.  We are enjoying Patrick having 3 day weekends and trying to make the most of it before it's too hot to breath outside.
Friday afternoon, Jessica and I met at the splash pad to let the boys play.  I almost never let Barrett get something from the ice cream truck.  It's a treat for sure for him.  I told him before we left if the ice cream man came while we were there he could get a popsicle. ( I knew he would be there.  He's always at every park we ever go to, I don't know how he does it) So these boys were so happy to get a treat. 




Saturday we headed to Jessica and Jeremy's house to enjoy the day by the pool.  It started raining as soon as we got the car loaded and it rained for a little while but turned out to be a beautiful day.  The pool was a little chilly but Barrett didn't care.  The swam all day.  He was so proud to jump in and kick his feet.
I didn't get any pictures of the boys but I did manage this cute on of Patrick and AveryAnn
I love this swimsuit so much on this princess.  I can't brag enough about how good she was while we were there.  It was hot out and she just chilled in the shade.  She would smile and laugh and then sleep for a while.  I would feed her and then she would smile, laugh and sleep for a little while longer.  She was just so sweet and good.
Sunday I got up early and went to early Mass so we could head up to the lake for the day.  I know I've mentioned it here before but the lake is one of my favorite places ever. I love the beach but the fact the lake is just 60 minutes from my house makes it my favorite. 
Aunt Pam made homemade ice cream and it was so yummy.  We went on a boat ride and just enjoyed the beautiful day.  Barrett had the best time playing with his cousins.
Monday morning we all slept late.  Barrett came and got in our bed around 8:30 and we all enjoyed a little Mickey Mouse to kick off the day.
Around lunch time we loaded up and headed over to my brother's house for the first annual go cart races.  Yes, we are that redneck.  John was on call all weekend so they didn't get to come to the lake but they came to the races.  I have always loved spending time with them but now that we have the girls it's that much sweeter.  They are really starting to notice each other and it's so fun.  The girls are so different it's funny.  AveryAnn is possibly the most laid back, chill baby ever.  Madelyn is not. :)  The best word I can use to describe her is dramatic.  She is very animated when she's happy and she lets you know when she's not.  At one point Hope was trying to calm Madelyn down and I'd just got done feeding AveryAnn and laid her down on the couch and she fell asleep.  In that moment I thought, Hope is never going to hang out with me again.  It was one of those moments that you just kind of have to laugh at. 
We didn't have a go cart to race so Patrick took him four wheeler to ride around and enjoy.  Barrett doesn't like loud stuff and he's been terrified of the four wheeler but Patrick was determined for him to ride.  Well he put him on it kicking and screaming and rode him around and Barrett finally liked it.  He rode all day.  It was pretty sweet.
One of the hardest things about having two kids is making sure the older one still feels special when the baby is requiring so much of my attention.  Patrick has been great at taking him to do things just the two of them to make him feel special but he's still missing out on the one on one time from me.  So we've started making grocery shopping our thing.  He almost always asks to go with me and he knows he's getting me all to himself.  It's hard because he also wants to go so he can get cupcakes and we can't get cupcakes every time so he usually cries.  This week he fell asleep in the car before we got to the store.
He also asks to hold AveryAnn all the time.  This was one night after he got out of the tub.
We're looking forward to more summertime fun!

No comments: