Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week Fifteen

It's Wednesday!!
We're fifteen Wednesdays into this journey.  That's almost 4 months.  Some days it feels like I started yesterday and some days it feels like I've been at this forever.  I can definitely see big changes in my body.  I still have a long road but seeing progress is so encouraging.  I've been consistently working out at least 3 times a week for 11 weeks now.  I feel stronger than I have in a really long time.   Also I can tell if I've eaten more carbs than normal because I feel like crap.  I feel sluggish and heavy and just blah.  I was shocked by how bad I felt.  It was definitely the motivation I needed to stay the course.  I don't want to go back to that feeling all the time.  It took one day for me to realize how far I've really come and how much better I really feel.  I'm not going to lie, sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder if I'll ever get to my goal.  Sometimes it feels like an impossible task to lose these last 25lbs.  But I just have to sit back and look at how far I've already come.  I've lost more weight, done more push-ups, more burpees and run more stadiums than I ever thought I would do again.  When I'm feeling down about the size of my pants and what I left to do, I redirect my focus to what I've already accomplished.  I don't focus on the flaws, I choose to celebrate the progress, even when it feels like I have to dig to find any progress to celebrate.
-1.6lbs from last week.  Not quite 2 pounds but I'm still on track to hit my goal before surgery.  So close to kissing the 160's goodbye forever.  I can finally wear my wedding band again which is my favorite non-scale victory so far.   I can get my engagement ring on but can only wear it if the humidity is low. Ha!  
The -25.5lbs is what I've lost since starting Keto. I've lost more than 42lbs total. I've got around 25lbs left to lose.


No comments: