Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Today is my 24th birthday. I can't believe that I am 24 years old. It was been a special weekend spent with my family. Friday night my mom and sister came over the watch The Curious case of Benjamin Button. My sister and I had already seen it but my mom had not. We enjoyed watching it again and just spending time together.
Saturday we got up early and went shopping. It was a short shopping trip but we had a blast.
Sunday was church and my parents cooked lunch for my birthday! We had Parmesan chicken, green beans, lima beans, broccoli casserole, coleslaw (my favorites) and bean salad for my little brother that came home from college to spend the weekend with us. Notably absent was my husband! I was very upset. I got up and went to church and woke him up before I left so he could get ready to come to lunch. He never showed up. When I got home he was still asleep. I know that it is hard to work nights, and it's hard to be on a completely different schedule but sometimes you just have to put forth a little effort to do things you might not want to do but you know you need to do. Anyways, this should have been something he wanted to do. As a sat there with Ally and my homemade dirt cake, that Drew and Ava helped mom make, with my family singing Happy Birthday to me I couldn't help but have big tears in my eyes because I wanted Patrick to be there. I was so hurt. I just felt broken.

I am also working on another post for today. I have decided that instead of making "New Years Resolutions" I am going to make birthday resolutions. I am still working on my "Bucket List before I turn 25"! I will have that post later today I hope!

No comments: