Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Barrett's Nursery

I'm finally getting around to sharing Barrett's nursery.  It's still a work in progress.  Mainly I just need to get a lamp or two. 
When I first found out I was pregnant, I kinda had an idea in my head of what I wanted the nursery to look like.  I wanted the big items to be neutral and the accents to be more gender specific.  I knew I wanted to use my great grandmother's dresser as a changing table and I really wanted an iron crib.  After pricing iron cribs we decided to get hardwood floors put down and go with a much cheaper crib and I love the way it looks.  The neutral theme started with a gorgeous linen crib set I found and fell in love with.  Amy's mom was able to make it for me and she did the curtains too.  I had the hardest time finding a color for the walls.  I wanted a teal/aqua that could go either way.  In my head if the baby was a girl I was going to add coral/ pink accents and for a boy navy/chocolate brown.  I bought 5 different sample colors and painted them all on the wall.   They were all so similar that I just chose one and it was perfect.

The wreath from the hospital door.

View from the door. 
I love the chevron quilt my mom crocheted on the end of the crib.

She also made the quilt on the back of the glider.  This glider may be my favorite seat in the house.  It's  so comfy!

This is my great grandmothers dresser.  The precious flag banner was made by my friend Lorie for the tea and it worked great in here.  

I love this crib.  I think it's classic and works perfect in this space.  I love love love the bedding.  It turned our perfect.  I made the canvas name sign over the crib.  I just love the classic look of the crib and linen with the modern chevron on the sign.

This spot is a work in progress.  The deer hooves were my great grandfathers.  I hung the outfit we brought him home in a beautiful blanket that Patrick's mom gave him.
  
Right now the shelves just hold books and stuffed animals and a few toys in the canvas totes.  I need to get a lamp for this space.

The infamous deer antler chandelier.  Patrick picked this out and at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it.  Now, I love it.  It couldn't be more perfect.  

I love that the nursery is very boyish now!  It turned out perfect for our sweet baby boy.  It's a room that can either grow with him or be used as a nursery again down the road!  It's my favorite room in the house right now.  I need to get a few frames for the wall and I want Patrick to make one of those giant ruler growth charts for the wall when you walk right in the door.

No comments: