I'm in complete denial about how fast this year is going by. How has it seriously been 9 whole months since you surprised us Christmas day. I know I'm going to be a crying mess when the holiday season is in full force. I haven't put my Fall decor out because I know when it comes down Christmas goes up and that makes me a little sad that the end of your first year will be here soon. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing you grow and learn but I miss my baby. I'm so thankful that you still love to cuddle. You love to be held are in no hurry to grow up on me. This month you went on your first family vacation. It was some much fun sharing such a special place with you.
- You weigh 16lbs 14oz (in the 10th percentile)
- You're 26.5" long (5th percentile)
- You're head circumference was 17.5" (25th percentile)
- I think your hair has gotten lighter (although you can't really tell from these pictures)
- Your eyes are turning somewhat hazel.
- You're still wearing mostly 6month "play" clothes. Your dressy clothes are mostly 9 month but there are still a few 6 month outfits you can wear. We've gotten our moneys worth out of your Summer clothes. We've got to go shopping to get you ready for Fall and Winter.
- You wear size 3 diapers and use about 6 a day.
- You have 3 teeth and one very close to breaking through.
- You are sitting so well. You still can't go from laying down to sitting but you're getting stronger every day.
- Sleep has been great still! You're still sleeping 11-12 hours a night.
- Naps are hit or miss. Sometimes you take two great 1-2 hour naps. Some days you'll take one, some days you'll do two short ones. I just never can tell!
- I think you've realized that you control your hands. You'll hold your hand in front of your face and wave it back and forth.
- You still think Ally (any dog really) is hilarious. You laugh out loud and deep belly laugh at her.
- I stopped breastfeeding. It was a difficult decision to make. You were getting so distracted and weren't eating well and it was painful for me. I bought some formula and you don't mind it at all (as long as we get the right kind!) I've felt so guilty but I'm so proud to have made it this far. I do miss the closeness of nursing but I think we're all a little happier.
- You take 4 6oz bottles a day, 7:00am, 11:30am, 3:30pm and 6:30pm
- You can hold the bottle on your own.
- You are still eating food only twice a day, in the morning and evening. You eat 2-3oz of fruit/veggie and 2oz of cereal or oatmeal.
- You have no interest in feeding yourself. While we're feeding you, you keep your arms tucked neatly under your bib.
- Now if one of us are holding you while we are eating you're trying to grab whatever it is we have.
- You're still not crawling. You will roll all over the the living room. When you're on your tummy you will push yourself backwards not crawling, just sliding on the hardwood floors.
- One night while we were putting you to bed your daddy was holding you and when I walked in you reached out for me to hold you. Then while I was holding you, you reached out for him. I'm pretty sure you were just prolonging bedtime but we thought it was the sweetest thing ever. You still reach for me when you see me.
You went to the beach for the first time. It was so much fun. You did not like the sand or the water but you didn't mind sitting on a blanket under the tent and you looked adorable in your swimsuit and sunhat.
- We also left you with someone that wasn't family for the first time while we were there. Lorie's Dad and stepmom kept you and Elise so the four of us could enjoy a dinner together. They said you did great and I hope they weren't lying!
- You loved shopping and strolling!
- You traveled fantastically! You slept most of the trip. We let you watch the ipad some too.
- You still love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- You still love your rainbow ring tower toy.
- You still love Ally.
- You've been doing well at church. You read books and manage to stay pretty quiet.
Love this face!
You have been so much fun this month. You are interacting with us so much and you're not yet into everything. This might be my favorite age so far. (Like every month :)) You have so much personality and we have loved watching it develop. We are in a great routine now and I finally feel like I know what I'm doing. Now that I say this it'll all go to crap tomorrow!
I can't believe we only have 3 months of your first year left. I'm going to hold back the tears and take in every single minute because I now know how quickly it will pass.
Love you baby Barrett!