Thursday, September 26, 2013

Barrett's First Beach Trip (Part II)

Part I: {here}
These are pictures from Saturday through Wednesday.  It all seems like a blur now.

Pretty bird on the beach.


We wanted to get out to the beach early Saturday but we decided to let Barrett take a nap in the room.  By the time he woke up and we all got ready it was noon.  We didn't get the tent out at first because we were planning on going in early to watch football.  We were out there for about 10 minutes before we realized we were going to have to get the tent out.  While Patrick was getting it out of the car this sweet girl from down the beach invited us to sit under her tent.   I think it was obivious that we were new parents that were pretty clueless!



 We headed in around 2:00 to watch the Bama/ Texas A&M game.  It was a nail biter.  Patrick and I don't watch a lot of football together because we each love our teams.  It's a toss up for me because I want Auburn to lose but I want Patrick to be happy so I kinda want them to win for him.  The things we do for love!

For funzies here I am last year at the A&M game at 32 weeks and my sweet boy is 37 weeks old.

These mirrors.  There are so many pictures from my childhood of me looking at myself in these mirrors.

Sunday I got up and went to church, then we hung out on the beach most of the day and enjoyed dinner in.  Monday we shopped most of the day and then it rained a little so we hung out inside and went to an early dinner.  Tuesday was a fun day.  We hung out on the beach and then met up with Lorie and Joseph for dinner at one of my favorite places, the Captain's Table.  Lorie's dad and stepmom offered to keep Barrett with Elise.  We were excited to get a grown up night but we were a little nervous leaving him.  He was cutting 3 teeth and had been kinda fussy but they said he did great.  We had a great time with them although we mostly talked about the kids.  Barrett went to sleep while we were out and when we got him back to the condo he was not interested in sleeping.  He cried for hours it seemed.  It was a late night.  Wednesday we went to the beach and stayed in for dinner.

I'm going to be honest.  I have no idea what days these next pictures were taken.  Like I said it is all a blur now.

I bathed Barrett as soon as we came in each day.  This day he almost fell asleep in the tub.  Patrick got him out of the tub and he was asleep before he could even get the diaper on him.

How sweet is this?!?

One morning I took Barrett out to the beach before it got to bright and made some pictures of him in his sea turtle pjs.  They turned out so cute!

I love his hair blowing in this one.





He was okay with the sand as long as it was on his terms.
Sweet, sandy baby toes.

and hands.

Long lashes.  I want to remember every detail.



Holding his bottle on the beach like a big boy.




This might be my favorite picture of the trip.  Love these boys.
 {One more post and I think the vacation will be recapped.}

1 comment:

shawnafoley said...

I love these pics, especially the ones of him in the turtle pj's. When Peyton was little I loved putting him in anything with frogs or animals on it. He will cherish this blog one day! Your doing an awesome job!