Monday, September 30, 2013

Tailgate Time

Saturday, Barrett and I along with my parents, niece and nephew, loaded up and headed to Tuscaloosa to the SEC home opener vs Ole Miss.  It was Barrett's first tailgate outside the womb and I think he enjoyed it.  It was a later game so we didn't get down there till around 2:00.  John set up the tent and tv outside so we had the apartment and some space outside too.  It worked out really well.
Barrett was waving bye as we were leaving to go to the game.  He stayed at the apartment with my mom and all the people who didn't go to the game.  I hear they all had a fun time.

He loved the shakers. If you look closely you can see his two bottom teeth.

Love that sweet grin!

Barrett with my cousin Adam.  He graduated from Alabama and his wife graduated from Ole Miss.

Barrett and Nana

Liz and Clay were in town.  She and Barrett got lots of snuggle time in.  
I'm sure this is what most college kids do after football games, play Nintendo 64.  Barrett fell asleep while we were at the game and then woke up when we got home and stayed awake until we left around midnight.  He also woke up when we got home and didn't want to go back to sleep.

Sister went to the game and sat with me.  I was so excited to get to spend so much time with her all to myself.  
It was kinda surreal being down there with a baby.  I felt like I was having an identity crisis all day.  I loved having Barrett there with me but I also had a blast at the game, with other adults.  I don't think we'll be making anymore night games though.  It was just to late for both of us.

No comments: