Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Friday night Barrett and I loaded up and headed to the lake.  Patrick had to stay home and work. But we were excited for a fun weekend with family and friends.
Yes, this is what we packed for one adult and one toddler.  We had a fun evening.  I was so excited when I heard there was going to be a meteor shower Friday night.  We were up there once before during one and it was awesome.  We stayed up late but it got cloudy.  I did see a few but I was hoping it was going to be a lot more!
This cutie was up bright and early Saturday morning.  After only about 5 hours of sleep the last thing I wanted to do was get up early but that sweet, sleepy  face made it worth it.  We ate a yummy breakfast outside.  
After Barrett's nap we got him ready for the afternoon.  Of course, I thought he looked adorable.
He had to try on everyone's glasses.
We decided to take Barrett on a little ride.  John was setting up the GoPro camera while Hope was taking our picture.  So the above picture was taken while the lower picture was happening.
Despite the look on his face here he was having fun.  He didn't enjoy the life jacket.
This was while we were riding.  The whole video is so sweet.
Hope snapped this one when we came in to drop Barrett off. 

Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Clay came to spend the day with us.  

I think they were happy to see each other.

He enjoyed the water!

Jeremy and Jessica played with him and he was soaking up all the attention.

This is one of my favorite pictures.

Speaking of attention... There wasn't a moment all weekend that someone wasn't playing with him.  He was loving it.  Coley and Mark spoiled him.  I can't count how many times I've said this since he was born but I will never grow tired of seeing people that I've loved all these years love my child.  There is something so special about that.  
Ally made the trip but she was not happy about the lack of attention she received thanks to her baby brother.  I think this face says it all.
Trying on more accessories. Sitting in yet another lap.  I'm not kidding y'all, we're going to have to detox him this week after all the attention.
He's just fabulous.
He was so excited when Jeremy started playing the guitar.  He was dancing and smiled so big.
Sitting on Mark's shoulders. So sweet.
Before we knew it, it was time to pack up to head home.  As much as we hated to leave we were ready to see Patrick. We missed him so much.
It was a wonderful weekend with my family.  There are things you don't realize till you're a parent.  Like how much work it is to spend a weekend at the lake.  I was exhausted by the time we got up there and unpacked on Friday.  I hated that Patrick wasn't with us.  I hate asking for help but I needed it this weekend and everyone was so helpful.  I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.  It was exhausting watching Barrett every minute of the day.  He fell off the deck (it was only about a one foot drop onto grass) and then rolled down the hill.  He was fine and probably would have been laughing if I hadn't scared him with my screaming.  Then he fell out the front door twice, WHILE I WAS RIGHT THERE WATCHING!  I was just out of arms reach both times. I was so upset.  It scared the crap out of me.  He was fine.  I think both times my screaming scared him more than he was hurt. 
I'm so thankful for family that not only doesn't mind helping with him but they like to help.  Someone always volunteered to watch him while I rode the tube or floated in the water.  If he woke up from his nap while I was out of ear shot of the monitor someone would get him up and bring him out.  Everyone shared some of a meal with him.  The made it possible to bring him to the lake without Patrick's help and for that I'm so blessed. 
I love you little boy.  I hope one day you have the same childhood memories of this special place.  It's a surreal feeling being there with you.  I have so many memories being in that water with my granddaddy and cousins and brothers and sister and I hope you are just as lucky!

No comments: