Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekend Review

We had a fun weekend leading up to Mother's day.  Friday night, Patrick had to work so I dropped Barrett off with my parents while I ran a few errands.  We came home and I made a test batch of guacamole.  I'd never made it before but said I would bring it to a cook out Saturday.  It was delicious!
Saturday morning, we got up early and went to Pepper Place with Marion.  There weren't as many vendors as there normally are, I think it might have been to earl in the season.  Barrett loved people watching.
We came home from Pepper Place and I put Barrett down for a nap.  I was hoping he would take a long nap while I made more guacamole and got ready for the cook out at Matt's house.  He slept long enough for me to get most everything done.  
We got to Matt's house around 2:15 and enjoyed visiting with our tailgate crew. It turned out to be a beautiful day.  We sat outside under the shade tree.  Barrett renewed his love for the blue bottles {sigh}.  We just watched the kids and dog play in the yard.
Matt's dog Moxie was so good with Barrett.  She let him sit on her back until he started bouncing, she wasn't a fan of that.  I guess she figured after all the crackers she took out of his hand it was the least she could do.
It was a fun night.  I love this time of year.  I love being outside and just sitting around and enjoying the company! Can't wait to do it again!


No comments: