Monday, July 10, 2017

Beach Vacation 2017

Get ready for picture overload.    We just got back from a long weekend with our friends in Pensacola.  We're so thankful that they welcome us with open arms and take such great care of us when we visit.  My only request was a family picture of us on the beach not in swimsuits and Patrick's only request was dinner at Cobalt.  Luckily we managed to kill two birds with one stone the night we arrived and got some sweet pictures of our little family while we waited for our table at Cobalt.
Love these people!

Sister wasn't so happy about the situation.

She was not happy about the sand.  At this point I was thinking the weekend was going to be long if she couldn't stand the sand on her feet.

Barrett is growing so very fast.  He's still very much a little boy and he still kisses me and wants me to hold him, but he's also independent and can entertain himself.  It's a little bittersweet.

Our fearless leaders for the weekend.  They are saints to drag a giant tent to the beach so our babies didn't burn up.  They grilled better shrimp and steak that most restaurants and pretended they didn't hear our kid when they woke up at 6:30 every morning.  We always have such a great time with them and this weekend was no different.

Daddy's girl.  If she said "Daddy" once she said it 10,000 times.  It was both sweet and infuriating at the same time. 

Love these sweet babies.

She may say "daddy" a million times a day but she didn't want out of Mama's arms.
Until we got to the patio behind the restaurant.  Then she wanted to run as fast as she could making everyone nervous she was going to end up in the water.

Checking out the sunset!

The Air Show was this weekend.  They had a practice show on Friday and the real show was Saturday.  We opted to catch the practice show in hopes it wouldn't be as crowded.  Finding a place to park was a little tricky but we found a spot and made our way to the beach.  AveryAnn was just there for the snacks.

He hates loud noises so we got some noise cancelling headphones for him to wear. He was ready for the show.

Barrett wouldn't swim in the ocean without one of us. 

Miss Priss was dancing and having the best time.

We saw a few planes fly when we started to hear a little thunder rumbling.  We made our plans for when it got bad.  I was in charge of getting the kids to the car and my giant beach bag and the other three grabbed everything else.  (I got out easy on this one.)  Well I saw a lightening bolt and that was our que.  The kids and I headed to the car to see what would happen.  It wasn't much longer before everyone headed up.  It was raining and just gross.  We decided to call it a day and head back to the house.  We were sad we didn't get to see the Blue Angels fly but it wasn't worth waiting out the storm.  We decided to grill shrimp for dinner and it did not disappoint.

AveryAnn loved the corn on the cob.  I ate so much shrimp.  It was so good.

Day two we headed back out to the beach.  Another day, another snack.

Patrick was holding Barrett and she was so jealous.

Barrett enjoyed the sand but he wasn't too sure about the water unless we were with him.

I'm not proud of this but every time I sat down an empty can, she'd grab it and turn it up.

Matching swimsuits for life!  Barrett and I got out of the ocean and when we got back to the tent there were about 10 dolphins swimming around.  They stayed for the longest time and Barrett was so excited about it. 

All the boat traffic coming back from the Air Show.  It was crazy. 
We decided to grill a "Surf & Turf" for dinner and once again it was amazing. 

I got up and went to Mass Sunday morning and then we went to brunch at Fisher's.  It was so good.  I really wanted the shrimp and grits but I had the steak and eggs instead and it was delicious. 
I had to have Carla snap some pictures in our matching brunch outfits. 

She was so proud to be sitting on the swing.

Our last day AveryAnn finally decided the sand wasn't so bad after all.  She carried that bucket all around us.

Carla and Tony went to the restroom and on their way back to the sand they found 3 painted rocks.  One of them had two dolphins on it and Barrett quickly claimed that one.  He said it reminded him of the dolphins we saw the last time we were at the beach (the day before).  Carla kept one and we decided to hide the other one.  We hid it at the restaurant where we had dinner.  (Someone posted today they found it, Barrett was so excited!)  People recently started doing this in our area and now we're so excited to paint some rocks to hide.

Sand babies. 
We went to Sunset Grill for dinner.  It was yummy and the perfect ending to the weekend.  I let AveryAnn down at the end of our meal and she was walking around visiting with all the tables. 

We got up this morning and started getting ready to head home.  I think AveryAnn's got this relaxation thing down.  We were sad to leave but it's good to be home.  My uncle recently got moved to a VA assisted living home not far from Pensacola so we made a quick stop there to visit him.  It was good to see him and he just laughed and laughed at the kids.  There were several men sitting out in the halls and they all just had a fit over the kids.  It was a really nice visit with all the people we met.
We're back home, back to the routine.  I love the beach, but it's good to be home!

No comments: