Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January Recap

I really want to get back into the habit of blogging about our every day life again.  Poor AveryAnn doesn't have nearly the documentation that Barrett did and I want to fix that.  (I'm hoping to do weekly posts about life)  Here's January so far. 

Barrett went back to school on the 2nd.  It was so cold.  We had several days where the temp barely reached freezing.  The fountain at school froze and Barrett was convinced Elsa had been there.  He got a new teacher this semester and he does not like change.  Drop off was terrible that first day, it was like it was the first time I'd left him ever.

I love this picture of Patrick and the kids.  They had a hard time readjusting to normal life after he'd been off for the holidays.

Barrett dressed himself.  He was so proud.

I got Patrick tickets for him and Barrett to go to the Monster Jam.  I also got hem the preshow pit passes because I knew Barrett would love getting to see the trucks up close.  I was not sure if he would like the actual show because he's iffy about loud noises.

They didn't get to use the pit passes and I was so upset (mad actually).  (I called and complained to ticketmaster because they were there in enough time but they weren't let in.  They actually refunded the whole amount I paid for the pit passes and the show tickets.  I was shocked)  He was so excited anyway.  They took lots of pictures from their seats, got some lunch and waited for the show to start.


All smiles while they were coming out to be introduced.

And after they started racing.  He couldn't handle when the trucks were racing.  It was just too loud so they left early.  But he has talked about it like it was the best day of his life.  It made me want to be more intentional about spending one on one time with him.  I think quality time might be his love language.
Monday was the National Championship game.  These cuties wore their Bama gear for the last time this season!

I could eat them up they're so cute!  I went to Matt's house to watch the game.  I watched the playoff game there and we won so I felt like I owed it to the team to go over there and watch the championship.  It was a rough start.  We made my parents leave at halftime because we were losing and they weren't there for the playoff game so we just knew that was why we were playing like crap.  We were all losing hope.  Then Tua came out for the first possession of the second half and our team had life again.  We came back and tied the game and tried for a last second field goal to win but missed.  We were headed for overtime.  We were not excited.  Georgia had won their playoff game the week before in overtime.  Their kicker was on the mark.  To say we were nervous would be an understatement.  They got the ball first and we held them to a field goal.  Our first down was a loss of 16 yards.  Great.  Before we really had time to get too upset the next play was in motion and it was a 40+yard pass for a touchdown!!!!  We won!!!  It was probably my favorite National Championship since 2009!
AveryAnn's first ponytail!
 
She woke up at 4:30 one morning and insisted she was up for the day.  She then fell asleep on the way to work and slept in my arms for the morning. 

Friday night Patrick got called into work so Barrett and I watched Frozen and drank hot chocolate after AveryAnn went to bed. 

Saturday was Madelyn's 2nd birthday party.  It was a "Let it Snow" theme and the temps were perfect.  It was so cold!  AveryAnn was obsessed with this shopping cart that has a place for your bay to ride.  She also filled the cart with her babies.


Saturday night, we finally got to celebrate Christmas (and Barrett's birthday) with Patrick's family.  (funny side note, Barrett thought he was turning 6 since we were celebrating again.  I had to convince him we were just celebrating his 5th birthday again).  It was so good to see the Hortons and be with everyone. We're so thankful everyone was healthy and we got to be together.

AveryAnn got this puppy (that whines) and a high chair, stroller and pack & play set for all her babies and she's been in heaven playing with all of it!
Sunday we went to church and I went to the gym.  Monday Patrick was off work so the kids stayed home with him while I went to the office.  Then he kept them again while I went to Bunko.  And now we're all home again for a snow day.  We're still waiting on the snow.  Hopefully it shows up because Barrett is going to be so upset if it doesn't.



No comments: