Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wednesday Weigh-In: It's a New Year!

It's a new year!  I'm really looking forward to all 2018 has in store!  I guess you noticed I took a few weeks off from Wednesday Weigh-In.  I didn't really mean to, it just kind of happened.  I decided that I would relax after Thanksgiving and not be too strict.  Look, I love food.  I enjoy a good party with food and drinks.  I love watching football while eating pizza and drinking beer.  I don't think I will ever not feel this way.  All these people that say they just don't want sweets anymore are lying.  I will always want a cookie.  Now I do recognize that I don't feel great when I have a lot of sugar and junk.  That does make me want to eat better and take better care of myself.  But the desire to eat a cookie every now and then isn't going away.  What I have learned is I can't eat cookies 7 days a week.  I also can't eat 10 servings of cookies when I do decide to indulge.  All that to say, I gained a little weight back over the holidays, but I'm still 47lbs lighter than I was this time last year.  And I'm still very, very proud of that.  I've definitely lost some muscle tone while I was recovering from surgery but I'm back at it and I'm ready to see the results of my hard work.  I've missed working out a lot.  My mental health has suffered from both not working out and not eating well.  I can tell a huge difference in my sleep and mood when I'm out of my routine.
+7lbs from my last Wednesday Weigh-In.  Not ideal but I don't really regret anything.  I started back eating Keto yesterday.  I felt so good when I was in Ketosis and that is my goal.  Not only did I feel better but I felt like my workouts were more efficient as well.  I'm working really hard to hit my goal by April.  One of my goals for the new year is to work out 3-4 times a week.  I did that consistently for 4 months last year and it definitely made a difference.  Another goal in continue meeting with Lisa for a body fat analysis to measure progress.  It was a huge motivation last year and I want to continue.  
If you've got plans to get healthy this year my advice, just start.  Start making better choices everyday.  They don't have to be great choices just better than you made yesterday.  Trust me, I know it am be overwhelming when you feel like you have too much to lose.  But I also know, you can do it.  You just have to get started.

No comments: