Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 5

Here we are, five weeks in, feeling stronger and stronger each week.  I'm seeing the number on the scale go down (slowly but surely) and I'm seeing muscle definition return after my 6 week hiatus from the gym.  There have been a lot of new people at the gym this month and so many of them remind me of myself 6 months ago.  As much as I miss all the free space before the new year, it's exciting to see people motivated to reach new goals.  I feel like I'm proof that it works if you commit to it.  I'm committed.  I know it's only going to get harder as our kids get older and busier.  So I want to make it as much of a habit as I can now.  I'm somewhat of a homebody.  When I get home in the afternoon, I like to be home.  So getting back out to go to the gym (especially when it's dark and cold) has been hard.  But it is so worth it.  Eating well is so worth it too, I'm having a harder time convincing myself of that one though.  I'm eating what I have to eat to reach my desired goal.  But I'll be honest, I'm not enjoying it.  I do feel better so that helps, but man why do cookies and chips (and margaritas) have to be so bad for you.  I went shopping this past weekend and I can't explain to you the feeling of being able to choose something off the rack and it just fit.  Part of this is the breast reduction but a big part of it is the weight loss and workout regimen.  I even tried on some shorts that I was afraid were going to be to small and they were too big!!  I feels so good to feel good in my own skin again.  (Now if I could win the lottery or somehow have a big pile of money fall in my lap so I can buy all new clothes that would be great!)
-1.2lbs this week.
I wasn't kidding when I said slowly.
But again, Rome wasn't built in a day.  I'm getting so close to my goal that I'm getting antsy and ready to just be there.  I feel like these last 14.8lbs are going to be the hardest, even harder than those first 15-20bs.  But they are going to be so worth it.  I could easily sit back right here and be happy with what I've accomplished.  But I'm determined not to settle for good enough.  I've got a goal and even if it takes me another six months to lose 14lbs, I'm going to do it.  
My tip for this week isn't new but I want to share it again.  Get an accountability partner!!!  Dave Ramsey defines this person as "someone who loves you enough to hurt your feelings."  and that description couldn't be more perfect.  (I realize Dave Ramsey is a money guy but this definition fits here too).  I may be biased but I think I have the best accountability partner.  We are pretty brutal to each other when it comes to honesty but I know she wants what's best for me and I want the same for her.

No comments: