Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 6

We had a good week this week.  I think I'm finally settling into a decent routine which is nice.  (Just in time for baseball season to throw everything out of whack again.)  But learning to adjust is just a part of life and something that I still struggle with.  I like things to go exactly how I expect them to go.  So I guess this is something I'll be learning for the rest of my life.  I didn't get to workout this week but I've been trying to get out with the kids in the afternoon which I feel like is better than nothing.  Barrett's school hosts a family fun run in March they have a 5K and a one mile run.  So I'm planning to run the 5K.  I need to start running some to get back in some sort of shape.  I'm not a great runner but I do enjoy it.
I'm down 2.2lbs from last week.  I'll take it!  Slowly but surely I'll be back to my goal weight.
I'm down 6.4lbs in 6 weeks.  That feels like a pretty good place to be.  I'm not really eating Keto 100% of the time.  I'm trying to eat low card Monday-Friday and then indulge some on the weekend.  I feel like this time I'm doing better just listening to my body and intuitively eating.  I'm learning that when I do a "diet" I become dependent on the "rules" then when I get close to my goal it's like I forget all the "rules" and have a hard time eating like a normal person.  I've realized that if I try to eat "normally" I'm teaching myself a more healthy day to day long term lifestyle.  That all kind of sounds like bologna but it's worked for me this week.  So I'm going to stick with it and see what happens.  We've also been busier this week which actually makes it easier for me to stick with it because I'm not eating out of boredom.  Ideally, I feel better physically and mentally when I'm eating lower carb so I'm trying to stick with that most of the time.

No comments: