Monday, February 25, 2019

Weekend Fun

We've been going, going, going all weekend long.  For the record, I don't enjoy this.  But it never fails that everything falls on the same weekend every month.
Thursday, I dropped off cupcakes for AveryAnn's class for her birthday.  Her teacher sent me this picture.  She had a great day.

Friday was her "pure day" as we say in my family.  I had a good bit of work to do so we headed to the office.  We were putting a decal on a wall at a gym and one of the people there had this adorable puppy.  AveryAnn loved him.  I sent this picture to Patrick saying that was what Grampy got her for her birthday.  I think he was a little nervous.

For lunch Grampy promised her the Foodland hot bar.  It just opened and we've all be very excited about it.  She got corn and green beans and she was so excited!


Friday night Patrick's parents and brother came over to have dinner and cake.  She was so excited.  

She got a Baby Alive Sarah doll.  I'm not sure who loved it more, she or Barrett.  They fed her and we changed her diaper.  Several times.  

We got up bright and early Saturday morning to head to the Just Keep Smiling Live with the Characters show.  This year John, Hope, Madelyn and Brooks were able to come.  Madelyn was a little unsure of the characters.  But they had so much fun.  I think this was my favorite show yet.

We loved the Ninja Turtles



Barrett went with the Moore's to see the super heroes while AveryAnn and I waited in line to see Goofy. Ava was a handler for the show so she got to be Goofy for the autograph part so we had to go see her.


AveryAnn loved the characters this year.  She was scared last year.  Makes me want to jump on a plane to Disney right now.

She also had to see Daisy.
After the show, John and Hope ran and got some chickfila for lunch and came up to our house to hang out and kill time before the birthday party they had to go to.  It worked out perfect.  We had a nice afternoon visiting with them.  We've gotten to see them so much lately and it's been so nice!

When they left for their party we headed to 280 for a party.
I had to post this because both of my kids are in it and not crying.  It's pretty much a miracle.

AveryAnn was so into the characters. She ran up to pickachu and just stood there but he couldn't see her and it was the funniest thing to me.  I was laughing so hard.

We left the party headed home.  But first we had to stop and pick up my consignment sale check and the few things that didn't sell.  We got that and headed home, where I basically threw the kids out and changed clothes really quick so I could head to my sister's church for their Mardi Gras party.  I'd promised her I would go weeks ago and then everything fell on the same weekend. 

It was a lot of fun!  We ate and danced and had fun!


Sunday we got up and went to church.  Of course Patrick got called in to work so just the kids and I headed to Mass.  We got lunch and headed home.  Our school PTA was putting on a "Back the Blue" event at our ballpark and they'd been hyping it up to the kids all week.  I was really hoping Barrett would forget about the "police party" as he was calling it.  Of course he didn't, thankfully the weather was beautiful so the kids and I headed over to the ballpark to see what it was all about.  They had the best time on the obstacle course and in the bouncy house.  It was a really nice afternoon for our community.
We came home from that and I headed to the store and then to bunko.  I was so drained by the time I got to bunko.  But I made it through and finally got home and got everything ready for the week.  
This morning when Barrett got up I heard him coughing, when I saw him his face was all red.  I took his temp and of course he had a fever.  I didn't have anyone to keep him and I had to go to work so Patrick had to leave work to come home and stay with him.  He's been fever free most of the afternoon so hopefully it was just a virus and he'll be better tomorrow.  




No comments: