Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Whatever...

I have a heavy heart as I write this morning. I had a very busy weekend, but that is not the reason for my heavy heart!

Last week as one of my friends from high school was putting the final touches in order for her wedding on Friday her little sister sat in a hospital room waiting to hear the word on the large tumor found on the base of her spinal cord. It has made me hurt for this awesome family. I remember the week of my wedding and how excited I was for everything. They found out the tumor was cancer, she was diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. When I hear those words I am reminded of my Mimi who died of this terrible disease. She was 80 years old and had lived a wonderful life. Kendall has just started her wonderful life. I hurt for Bragan the beautiful bride who carried on her wedding without her Maid of Honor. I think about Ms. Tammy who carried the guilt of leaving Kendall's side to fulfill her role as Mother of the Bride. All in all it was a wonderful wedding and I think a good time was had by all...which was exactly what Kendall wanted everyone to do. They set up a web cam so that Kendall could watch from her hospital bed. When The bride and groom left they went to the hospital to take some photos in the chapel at the hospital with Kendall.

This is one of those things in life that makes you sit back and thank God for your health and family and the health of your family because in an instant it can all change. I can't imagine how I would feel if my little brother was beginning this journey like Kendall is (they are the same age).
If you are the praying type...please keep Kendall and her family in your prayers as they begin this journey. Here is a link to the blog that Kendall's stepfather as set up to keep everyone updated while they are in Houston.

This is the beautiful bride and groom. I mean really have you ever seen two more beautiful people.

No comments: