Thursday, August 27, 2009

Killing for the Crown-Murder Mystery Party

My sister turned 21 this week so to celebrate I wanted to do something special. I got the idea from a friend who had been a guest at one of these parties and she said it was a lot of fun. I purchased the kit online to host my very own. I chose the one that was all girls because we didn't know any guys that would be willing to participate. The theme was a pre-pageant cocktail party for the Miss America contestants. All the girls wore prom dresses or bridesmaid dresses. I made everyone a sash. I held the party at my parents house since it is bigger and they were out of town. I hung tulle from the ceiling in their great room (which is easily 35ft, they have a big A-frame house!). I wanted it to feel like a ballroom! The girls were amazing and really played their parts. I think everyone had a good time. Some of them were definitely more into it but I think everyone enjoyed just sitting back and watching it all unfold.


The sashes I made for everyone! They looked so good!
The award winners. (L-R) Smoking Gun Award (solved the murder), Best Dressed, Smoking Gun, Drama Queen, Smoking Gun, and Miss Money Bags!

Happy Birthday Sister! I hope it was wonderful!

No comments: