Friday, August 7, 2009

Show US Your Life: Reception and Honeymoon

Our reception was absolutely everything I had dreamed. It was a party! Everyone had a blast. We had a local DJ that does most of the weddings at our church so we knew him well. We had the reception in the fellowship hall of our church. Because it only seats 150 with a dance floor we had a 2 30'x 60' tents brought in and attached to the building. The food was to die for. We had chicken fingers, ham and cheese croissants, spinach and artichoke dip, fruit, veggies, and crab cakes. My husband doesn't like chocolate so for a grooms cake we peach cobbler with ice cream! We used my favorite punch recipe and of course sweet tea!

This is our first dance. We danced to Rod Stewart's "For the First Time" because Patrick has been in my life forever. He and my older brother have been best friends since high school. He was there when I really got my heart broken the first time and I just always saw him as my big brother's best friend. Then it was like one day I just saw him as this awesome man.

Daddy and Daughter. This was so special we danced to Stevie Wonder's "Isn't she Lovely". This is a picture of the tent. My dad hung tulle and white lights down the center and ferns around the sides. It was beautiful. I wish I had a better picture! This is our cake (minus the top). Since we are both very big football fans we ran through a paper "bust through" as we left. IT was perfect. We wanted to do shakers but since I am a University of Alabama fan and he is an Auburn fan we decided that this would be the best alternative!

For our honeymoon we rented a little house off of Englewood Beach in Central Florida. One day we drove to Bush Gardens in Tampa. One day we drove all the way to West Palm Beach to rub elbows with the rich and famous. We didn't stay long...it cost $2 to park for 45 minutes to go to the beach!

Our honeymoon was very relaxing except Patrick got sun burnt on the second day and was pitiful for the rest of the trip! It was the perfect place for us!
I hope you all enjoyed touring my wedding. I wish I had better pictures. But trust me it was beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by! For the rest of the receptions jump over to Kelly's Korner and check them out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did enjoy touring your wedding and I loved reading your love story.
Great photos ~ looks like everyone had a terrific time dancing, eating and enjoying the event.