Saturday, January 22, 2011

Double Feature Friday

Last night Kristen, Brittany and I went to the dollar movie.  Since we're really trying to cut back and save money we've started going to the dollar movies a lot.  I actually don't really like to go to the movies.  (I'm starting to enjoy it more and more since it isn't costing my an arm and a leg)  While we were waiting for the first movie to start we decided to make it a double feature ( I mean it's only a dollar folks!)

First up was The Social Network.  It was really good.  We especially enjoyed it because we lived the whole facebook thing from pretty early in the game.  We decided it was fall 2004 when The University of Alabama was launched on facebook.  I remember sitting at my desk in my bedroom and my roommate, Kristen, coming in and saying there was this new website that they were talking about at her work and we needed to join.  So we did.  I remember at first you could put your class schedule on there and connect with other people in your class.  That was actually really useful.  If you missed class you could "facebook" people in your class for notes and such without actually being friends with them!  I remember loving the fact that it was exclusive.  You had to have a ua.edu email to join.  I remember when it went from thefacebook.com to just facebook.com.  I remember when the "status update" was first introduced.  I remember when you could first start putting pictures other than your profile picture.  As you can see I've been a huge fan for a while which is why I really enjoyed this movie!
Next up, Due Date!  It was hilarious!  I honestly don't know how Zack Galifianakis acts without cracking up.  He is so funny yet so serious.   I loved him in The Hangover and I loved him in this.  I'm glad we saved it for the late movie because I would have never been able to stay awake through the other movie that late!
Now I had some help staying awake thanks to my friend Brittany and her innate ability to sneak snacks into the movie theater.
Exhibit A:

Yes you see correctly, That is a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  I'm not sure how she smuggled that in.  I laughed so hard when she pulled those out and was so excited...they were still hot!

Between movies photo shoot.

It was such a fun night but I was beat by the time I got home.  My favorite part was knowing that we all 3 saw two movies for less than 1 ticket to a regular theater.  

No comments: