Monday, January 3, 2011

He's a Big Boy Now

Yesterday my little brother John set out on his own!  He's been "on his own" for the last 3 years in college and doing great but he lived with my sister and cousin.  Well he packed up yesterday and headed north to Muscle Shoals, AL to start his Co-Op job with his Mechanical Engineering major.  He will spend a semester up there then go back to school, he will do three rotations of that (I think) before graduating from The University of Alabama with a BS in Mechanical Engineering! We are so proud of him!  He has really done so well at Alabama.  His grades are good all while working 30-40 hours a week at Lowes and still spending time with his family and friends.  I am so excited for him to have this opportunity!  The company has an apartment for him to live in but he's alone.  Just him!  You can imagine that it's going to be different after growing up with 3 siblings and living with two room mates! And he didn't even get to take his dog.  Daisy is already missing him! She's staying with my parents and everytime the door opens she runs in to see if it's John!   We all can't wait to go visit him!  My older brother and his friend Glen went with him yesterday to help him get settled in and they spent the night! I know they made sure he was just fine before leaving him up all alone!  Here are a few photos before he left yesterday!

Mom is saying "You better behave!"

We're still working on the TakaPicturePhobia.  Believe it or not we've come a long way!

Sibling love! (minus one)


John, I know you won't read this since you don't have internet (and you don't really care what I blog about!) But I'm so proud of you! I know you're going to blow them away up there! Just be yourself!  Can't wait to come visit!

No comments: