Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Ramblings

Tonight was the annual Supper Club Christmas party.  No, I'm not in a supper club but my boss used to be so I tag along to their party each year.  It's always so much fun.  We had delicious lasgna, salad, cheescake for dessert and these amazing chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels.  We played dirty santa and the gifts this year were pretty good.  I'm so excited I get to sleep in tomorrow. 
One of my favorite things about the holidays...the ridiculously cheesy movies on Hallmark and Lifetime. I record them all and watch them while I'm off! 
 
Since I took no pictures tonight, I thought I'd share our ornaments from my parents this year. 
Campus Sweetheart Barbie
and
Campus Cutie Ken, you can imagine the excitment when Patrick opened this one.  I"m kidding he loved it, only because I loved it!

Day 354
 
On the way to the party tonight I was thinking that Patrick and I got engaged 5 years ago yesterday and the next day was the annual Christmas party with my girlfriends from high school.  It was so exciting sharing the news.  Lorie rode to the lake with me and I decided I wasn't going to say anything, I was just going to wait for someone to notice.  Well that plan almost backfired.  We'd been there for about 2 hours before someone noticed.  It wa such a fun night!  I can't believe it was 5 years ago.  I need time to slow down.

No comments: