Saturday, May 25, 2013

5 months

How can it be. Five whole months have passed since you were placed in my arms for the first time.  It feels like yesterday.  This month has been fun ( I know I say that every month).  So what have you been up to...



  • You are weighing in right at 15lbs (still between 10-25th percentile)
  • We measured you at 25" (still 10-25th percentile)
  • You are wearing 3 month, 3-6 month and some 6 month clothes.  We are still squeezing you into some 0-3 month things.  It's probably time to pack them away but I haven't yet.
  • Size 2 diaper


  • You nurse every 3.5-4.5 hours for around 20 minutes
  • I usually give you one 5-6oz bottle each day at work.
  • We started cereal this month.  You get it 3-4 times a week.  You aren't really that interested. 
  • Dr. Farr said we can start food this month.  I'm not pushing it though.  You don't seem that interested in eating the cereal and you don't seem to be hungry.  We will start probably in the next couple of weeks but we're in no rush.


  • You've started squealing when we tickle you.  I'm not sure who enjoys it more you or your Daddy and me.
  • You still love to "talk" all.the.time.  You're getting really loud too.  I have no idea where you get this from.


  • Sleeping has been ok this month.  We've rarely gotten a straight 10 or 11 hours like before but I'm not complaining. You usually go down between 7-8 and wake between 3-4.  I nurse you and you go right back to sleep until 7-8.  So you're still getting 11 or 12 hours just with one feeding.
  • You usually take two good naps each day and we try to squeeze in a little cat nap in the afternoons or you get incredibly crabby.
  • At work you nap in the pack and play right in my office.  At home you usually nap in your crib
  • We are still swaddling you.  I'm thinking we're going to have to drop it this month.  You're starting to try to roll so you need your arms.


  • You suck your thumb and fingers but not all the time. Still don't take a paci.
  • You can sit propped up for a few seconds at a time.  It's bittersweet to me.
  • You'll roll from your back to your side but haven't made it all the way over yet.
  • We've pretty much weaned you from the Zantac, I think you've probably grown out of the reflux.
  • You can grasp toys in your hands now.  We got your playmat back out and you love it.
  • You love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • You think your Daddy is hilarious
  • You like riding in the big boy stroller



    Every month seems to go by faster than the last and each month seems to get more exciting.  We thought nothing would be cuter or more special than you smiling at us...then you started squealing with glee when we tickle or play with you (sometimes all we have to do is talk to you).  My favorite part of our day is when I wake you up/ get you out of the bed.  You are always so so so happy to see me.  You will smile so big and stretch those little arms way above you head and it completely melts me every time.  I love you to the moon.

No comments: