Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Biggest Test


A year ago today I took a test that would change my life forever.  As I sit here watching that sweet baby playing on the floor I am overwhelmed with emotion.  I knew I loved him from that very moment but I never imagined how much I would love him.  My heart actually feels like it could burst some days.  


I remember being so nervous to take that test.  I so badly wanted it to be positive.  I was by myself at my office (my boss was out of town).  I couldn't wait till I got home, plus I knew I wanted to make something cute to tell Patrick.  He was working 2nd shift and didn't get home until 10:30 that night.  It seemed like torture waiting on him to get home that night.  Anyone that knows me knows I can't keep a secret,  I was so proud of myself, I didn't tell anyone for a whole week.  Patrick wanted to tell everyone on Mother's Day but it was just too soon for me.  I was still trying to really wrap my head around the idea.  It was such a special time in our lives.  

No comments: