Thursday, July 25, 2013

7 months

This month crept up on me.  Every month I've been making notes on my phone for these monthly posts, this month I never even started one. Oops!


We had to convince you to smile for your pictures today.



  • You weigh around 17lbs
  • I measured you at 26".  So you've grown since your 6 month checkup
  • We're still breastfeeding.  I keep going back and forth on when to stop but it's all for selfish reasons so I'm going to keep going as long as I can.  I'm just ready to not have to share my body anymore.  I do love breastfeeding though. ( I do not love however getting up at 4:30 to pump so you can have a bottle at work, especially now that you're sleeping through the night)
  • You nurse 3-4 times a day for 20-25 minutes, you still get one bottle most days and it's around 6 ounces.
  • You're eating solids once a day and you're loving it.  This month we've added bananas, avocado and applesauce.  (You've also had broccoli casserole and cauliflower with ranch, compliments of your Grandaddy)  You eat about 2 ounces of food and 2 ounces of cereal every night.




  • Sleep is 100 times better! Yay!
  • We had to let you cry it out again to retrain yourself to sleep and it's worked fantastically!  The first time you cried for over 2 hours.  It was horrible.  The next night was over an hour, now maybe a minute and then you're out.  
  • We also {finally} broke you of the swaddle.  It makes me a nervous wreck.  You roll all over your crib.  We're still putting you in a sleepsack but not swaddled.
  • You're sleeping 11 hours at night. You usually go down around 7:30 and you sleep till 6:30-7:00 if I'm lucky.
  • Naps haven't been great.  Sometimes you nap great at work, but most days you don't.  You need 2 1.5-2 hour naps but we rarely get that unless we're at home all day.




  • You're still wearing mostly 6 month clothes, although you're still wearing some 3 month things and some 9 month.
  • Size 2 diaper still you go through 5 or 6 a day.
  • Your hair is lightening up a lot.  It's thinning out more too.  Also, for the first time since you were a tiny newborn it's laying down when we brush it after your bath.
  • I'm thinking your eyes are going to change too.  I want them to be blue like your daddy but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.




  • This month you went to your great grandmothers house in Brookside for the first time.  (She passed away 9 years ago but your great uncle still lives there)
  • You celebrated your first July 4th.
  • You went to the lake for the second time.
  • You went swimming for the first time.
  • You've been doing good at church.  We've only had to go to the cry room a couple of times.  



  • You've really started to play with toys now.  You've had a bunch of toys in your pack & play for a while but this month you started getting them yourself to play.
  • You've also started grabbing Ally if she gets to close to you.  She's so good though and only squeals if you're hurting her.
  • Still not sitting on your own.  You're getting better though.
  • You still love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, you've also started watching Baby Einstein some too.
  • You love your tongue.  You stick it out constantly, You're amazed by it. 
  • I keep thinking you're getting teeth but none have showed up yet.  


You, little prince, are on the downhill to your first birthday.  The days are long but the years are short.  This month has been more relaxing than months past.  Now that you're sleeping and eating on a pretty good schedule we have more freedom to do things.  I can predict what time you'll wake up in the mornings and when you'll need to be in the bed.  I love being your mom.  I really do.  I love watching you discover new things.  You are really starting to watch us and notice what we're doing and it fascinates you.  I hope that we are always good examples for you.  
Happy 7 months baby, we love you!



No comments: