Thursday, November 7, 2013

I LOVE Fall!!!


I love Fall!  I big, fat puffy heart it.  I suppose I've always loved it but as a kid it was more or less the gateway to all things Christmas.  As an adult I feel like I can appreciate Fall for its beauty both literally and figuratively.  The trees have been breathtaking around here for the last week or so and the weather has been perfect.  Yesterday while Barrett napped (in the car) Patrick and I just drove around looking at all the beautiful foliage.  I feel like fall can sometimes become overwhelming with activities and commitments so it was nice to just take some time really taking in the beauty of the season.  
The view from my parking spot at work.

November is always the time of year I start to reflect on previous months.  It's like the prequeal to the holiday season.  It's that calm before the storm that really makes you want to soak it in.  You know this has been a big year for us, so many times in the past few months I've been so overwhelmed that we are this blessed.  We have a beautiful, healthy son who is so laid back and easy going that I'm scared to have another child.  We have enjoyed watching him grow and learn this year.  I have loved this year so much I don't want it to end.  I'm going to enjoy these last few weeks of 2013.  We have a fairly laid back November this year and I'm going to really live it. I'm going to cuddle my "baby" while I give him his last couple of months worth of bottles.  I'm going to carry him around before he starts walking and wanting to do everything himself.  December is going to be busy and I'm excited for the hustle and bustle but I need a few weeks to be still and really live life, ya know.

I took some pictures of Barrett in the leaves one afternoon after work.  I love how they turned out.  
 

This profile looks just like the one we saw on the ultrasound a year ago.


He wanted to eat the leaves.

He also wouldn't look at me.


I love that sweet little face so much.

While we are relaxing and enjoying the season, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already planning things for the Holiday season.  Since it's Barrett's first Holiday season we want to do some special things as a family.  I realize he's not going to know or remember but I want the family time for us.  Nothing crazy, simple things like looking at Christmas lights and taking Barrett to see Santa.  But those things can wait because November has 3 weeks left and that turkey on Thanksgiving isn't going to eat itself.


No comments: