Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend Rewind

Patrick was off all weekend and it was amazing.  We were so excited to get to spend 4 whole days with him.  I had to work Friday so Patrick was on baby duty.  Of course Barrett took two really good naps for his daddy.  Uncle John and I went to Mass for All Saints Day and then we met Patrick and Barrett and went to dinner.  We had a really fun night with John, we missed Hope she had to travel for work.  They are moving into their new home this weekend and we are so excited for them.  
Saturday, Patrick invited some friends from work over to watch the Auburn game.  He was so nervous for the game, although I'm not really sure why considering Arkansas has only won like 2 games all season.  It was fun to meet some of the guys he talks about and their wives and kids.  Barrett was so good and I think he enjoyed having some friends to play with.  Auburn won which makes for a good football party.  
(As you can see I took zero pictures Friday and Saturday)
Sunday we had Mass on the cemetery where my mom's parents are buried.  It's one of the few times a year we get to see my mom's family because there are so many of us.  It was Barrett's first trip to the cemetery. Which sounds really morbid but I promise it's not.  After we all gather at my uncles house (was formerly my grandmothers) and eat soup and chili.  I made broccoli and cheese soup and it was terrible.  I didn't have flour and it turns out that's a pretty important ingredient and then it got scorched on the bottom.  It was just a mess.  Oh well.  I guess the effort counts.  
Terrible picture of us (not the photographers fault).  I was trying to make Barrett laugh. 
I wish I could recreate my really good hair day from last week.

John and Hope.

We stayed there till almost dark and the headed home.  Barrett didn't get a real afternoon nap so he went to bed early.  Patrick and I crawled in bed at the late hour of 8:15.  I knew how early it was but Patrick got all settled and then looked at the clock and realized how early it was.  I wasn't complaining because I knew the Monday morning wake up call was going to be earlier than I wanted. 

No comments: