Monday, November 11, 2013

Tailgate Time: LSU Edition

I love our tailgate family.
Saturday we gathered for our last "official" tailgate of the season. (There's still one more home game but not everyone was going to be there so we decided this would "officially" be the last of 2013.  There's several people missing but this was the best we could do.  
We had cajun themed food and we decided it was the most delicious tailgate we've had.  Ten years and three locations later we're still friends.  I still can't believe it's been that long since I hosted the first tailgate.  I was so excited to have everyone join us on gameday.  That was back during the Shula years and we all know that we weren't exactly winning but we never let that get us down.  
We were at that house for 3 years and  it was a great house for tailgating.  I loved it.  Then we moved to the house where my sister and I shared a room for a semester.  We stayed at that house for 5 seasons and two National Championships.  We loved that house too.  We had a lot of room there.  (This is the post where we moved out of that house.)
The last two seasons we've been at the apartment.   Our little group has migrated the few blocks every few seasons and we're so glad.  I wish we had a record of all the folks that have joined us over the years.  

I love this funny group shot.  

Sister and I before we headed out to the game.

Matt felt left out. 

The Million Dollar Band made an elephant to welcome the team to the field.

Big Bama spell out.

We ventured to the quad since we had so much time before kickoff.  Love this picture of my sister, mom and me.

It was snowing on the strip.

I hated leaving this little guy for the day but it was just to late of a night for him.  He looked so cute in his new shirt.

We had a great day tailgating and enjoying the food.  A dog wondered up to us outside so we walked for blocks trying to find it's owners and gave up.  Then someone showed up looking for her.  I was so happy her owners found her.  She was such a sweet dog and well taken care of we knew she had a home.  
Finally the sun went down and it was time to head to the stadium.  My sister sat with me again.  As we were walking to our seats we ran into Sarah Patterson the gymnastics coach.  We were so giddy to see her.  We love gymnastics.  The game started kinda slow and we weren't playing like I thought we should but we turned that around in the second half and we had a blast.  At one point during the 4th quarter I think they were playing Dixieland Delight and the entire stadium was singing and swaying and the upper deck was moving.  It was awesome and creepy.  I loved being there and seeing Nick Saban, the man who shows no emotion, run and leap into QB AJ McCarron's arms after the win.  We went back to the apartment and ate again.  I feel like that's all I did all day.  I was such a fun day but those late games are hard.  I crawled in bed around 3:00am and Barrett was up at 7:00.  It was so worth it but I'm definitely not as young as I used to be.


No comments: