Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day One.

Today I got a new pair of boots.  I'd ordered them because my old boots will no longer zip over my calves.  I ordered wide calf boots in the hopes that I'd be able to wear them properly.  I even measured to make sure they would fit.  I bet you know where this is going...They don't fit.  They're further from zipping than the ones I already had.  It was the final blow I needed.  I pouted for a while then I laced up my running shoes and hit the pavement.  It felt so good.  Okay, actually it hurt every part of my body, but in a really good way.  I didn't go far or fast but it was a start.  I miss the bootcamp class I was in a few years ago.  (I'd have to join a gym to take it now, which I'm not completely ruling out but I'm not ready right now.)  I miss the social part of group fitness.  I need the competition.  I've got a long way to go but I know I can do it.  I've done it before, I can do it again. I need to set some goals.  Running is good for the mind and body.  It's like therapy and I've been missing it.
Today is Day One.
I can do this.

(This post is mainly just a pep talk for myself.  I've been so discouraged lately. I want to be healthy and love who I see in the mirror again.  I want to pass on healthy eating and exercise habits to my boy.  I will be this person.  I'm taking it one day at a time.  You have to start somewhere.)

No comments: