Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gingerbread House competition


We had our annual gingerbread house competition Saturday night.  Patrick and I had a dinner for his work so we were late.  Everyone was pretty much done so I just decorated John's house.  It was not our best work.





This is the winner!  Created by my brother-in-law Clay.  A little backstory, when my little brother put a contract on his house we stopped by one Saturday afternoon.  The house is laid out a lot like ours.  After touring it my mom comes into the kitchen and says, "Well Maggie this house is just like yours but BETTER!".  So that became the joke all fall how John & Hope's house was just like ours but better.  So you can't read the little tags on Clay's creation the big nice one says John's house and the little shack says Maggie's house.  Pretty clever.

This is the one that John built and I decorated.

My older brother likes to use the gingerbread house competition as a political platform each year.

It was fun.  Barrett was tired and fussy so we didn't stay long.

I've been sentimental this week for sure.  Barrett will turn one on Christmas day and I can't believe it's already been a year.  All the Christmas things I did last year I was huge and had no idea how close I was to meeting my baby.  We didn't get to go to the Slovensky family party this week because Barrett didn't feel good and we didn't want to spread anything.  I was so sad we didn't get to go.  I remember being there last year.  Again, I was huge.  No one thought I'd make it to the new year much less my due date.  I remember thinking that this year when we went we'd have an almost one year old.  


And continuing our 25 days of Christmas outfits.


Day 19

Day 20


Day 21

Day 22

Day 23

No comments: