Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013...That's a wrap!

This year has been amazing.  Quite honestly I can't believe it's coming to an end.  We've made a lot of great memories...here's a walk down memory lane!
January
We rang in the New Year with our tiny newborn.  Oh my goodness how precious was that itty baby.  We watched Alabama win another National Championship. Roll Tide!  We had a SNOW day and I took by 3 week old baby out in it.  Celebrated surviving Barrett's first month. We wrapped the month up with Barrett's First trip to Church.

February
I fell out of a blogging routine and resorted to random photo dumps to stay on top of things. These continued throughout the year (and will probably continue throughout the rest of my blogging career!)  We celebrated Barrett's first Valentine's Day.  I finally shared Barrett's birth announcement.
Barrett turned two months old.

March
Barrett was baptized.  It was such a special day shared with family and friends.
Barrett turned 3 months old and Patrick and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.


April
We celebrated Barrett's first Easter. SO much fun!  We watched Ava play softball.  Barrett made his first (and hopefully his last ;)) trip to Auburn.  Barrett turned another month older.
Patrick and I had our first date night since the baby was born.

May
Ally turned 5 years old.  I shared some Deep thoughts on becoming a mother and celebrating my very first Mother's Day.  On Barrett's 5 month birthday we headed to the lake for his first trip.
Finally we ended the month with some real food, Barrett ate carrots

June
I felt really old that it was already time for my 10 year reunion but we went and it was fun.
We took Barrett to the zoo.  We celebrated all the dad's on Father's Day.
Barrett turned half a year old.

July
Barrett enjoyed his first 4th of July.  I shared my thoughts on breastfeeding.  We went to the lake for the weekend with John and Hope and took the big dogs.  We finally had family pictures made of the three of us.   I was so excited about the royal baby. It was such a fun moment in history.  Barrett turned 7 months old and I turned 28.  We took Barrett to Tuscaloosa for the first time.

August
My childhood dreams came true when we went to the American Girl store and Bistro for our birthdays.
Barrett turned 8 months old.  Blast from the past when I got to see the Backstreet Boys in concert again.  It was just as thrilling as when I was 14!

September
We got to visit with my cousins from Florida that we don't get to see nearly enough.  I got real and shared my struggle with Mommy guilt.  We went on our first vacation as a family of three.  We had a blast!  Part 2 and Part 3.  Barrett turned 9 months old.  I took Barrett to his first tailgate in Tuscaloosa.

October
We went to Tuscaloosa for homecoming and I got to take Barrett to his first football game.  Barrett turned 10 months old and I started frantically planning his first birthday party.  We had a fun little family date to the pumpkin patch.  I left the baby at home and went to the Alabama/ Tennessee game.  It was a much needed mom day and he had a blast with his grandparents.  We wrapped up the month with a little Halloween get together.

November
I shared my love for Fall and some really cute pictures of Barrett in the leaves.  I took another trip to Tuscaloosa without the boys for the Alabama/ LSU game.  Barrett turned 11 months old and we celebrated his first Thanksgiving.

December
I decided I was crazy and would dress Barrett in a Christmas outfit everyday in December thus the 25 days of Christmas outfits was born.  We took Barrett to see Santa.  We watched Uncle John graduate from Alabama and celebrated Barrett's first birthday all in the same weekend.  He loved his cake so much!
Barrett's final monthly post and we all had a Merry Christmas!

Thanks for following along with our little life.  I love writing this blog, I love recording all these little and big moments for our son to read one day.  Hearing that other people enjoy it is just icing on the cake for me. We're wishing you all the best in 2014!

No comments: