Thursday, January 15, 2015

Horton House Daily 2015: Week 2


We've had a week of dealing with cold weather and the flu at the Horton House.  As you can imagine, it's been delightful. ;)
Day 8:  The high this day was about 30 degrees.  It was not fun.  Barrett bundled up.  We don't have any hats that fit him so I had to make do with one of mine.  ( I also broke my phone this day.  I was so mad.  I couldn't text and could only use siri to call people.  I couldn't even answer a call.)

Day 9:  I posed for an awkward selfie.  I love this leopard tunic from Two Chicks on a Clothesline.

Day 10:  I took down the Christmas decorations.  It's always sad to me when they come down.  I do enjoy less clutter though.  I just need to come up with a better way to contain the toys.

Day 11:  Barrett got a "Flat Stanley" in his happy meal.  I want to start taking him places.  I think it'll be fun.
Day 12:  Not gonna lie, it was a rough one.  Patrick finally went to the doctor after being sick all weekend and he has the flu and microplasma.  So I settled in with some sugar cookies and reese's spread during naptime.  It was every bit as good as it looks.  (Patrick fixed my phone this day, so it wasn't all bad)
Day 13:  Barrett's new lovie arrived.  We weren't going to give it to him because he'd been doing well without it but he saw it when we opened the box and he got so excited that we had to let him have it.  It was so cute!  I also finally started writing in my new journal.  I love writing.  I love having this blog but I also want my kids to have my thoughts in my handwriting.  (Maybe that sounds narcissistic but I don't mean it that way.) 
Day 14:  We spent yesterday catching up on all the things we'd been neglecting all week due to everyone not feeling well.  You know it's been a boring day when all I have to show is a basket of clean laundry.
 
Until next week...


No comments: