Saturday, January 3, 2015

January Goals

I'm back to setting my monthly goals.  I didn't set any for December.  I tried to focus on celebrating the true meaning of the season with my family.  At times I failed miserably but overall I think we had a good month.  As much as I've loved the holidays, I'm ready for things to get back to normal around here.  I crave routine.  I just function more efficiently with a routine.
January Goals
1)  Pray more intentionally; be more intentional.
I really want to start some sort of devotional and be more intentional with my time with the Lord.  I waste so much time it's embarrassing.  I want to use my time wisely.  I want to be a good wife, mom and friend.
2)  Cook More.
I think this has been a goal every month.  Now that Patrick is back on day shift and we are getting back to a routine I want to cook 4-5 nights a week.  I plan to cook at least one new recipe each week to hopefully add some new things to the rotation.
3)  Clean out my closet.
If I haven't worn it in the last year, it needs to go.  This is going to be hard because I am a clothes hoarder.  I have tons of shoes and clothes that just don't work for me now that I need to donate.
4)  Be more patient with Barrett and the "Terrible Twos".
This is probably going to be a yearly goal.  I'm hoping getting back to a routine helps him a little too.  I know he's just becoming more aware and independent.  I want to mother him in a way that builds him up.  I want to be firm but loving.  I want him to know I am in charge but I'm also here for him that he can talk to me about anything.
5) Take down the Christmas decorations & organize.
Don't laugh.  I realize most of you already have yours down.  I always struggle to take down my stuff in a timely manner.  I just love all the little lights so much.  It's been so cold and dreary here lately that I just want to sit a look at the lights.  I should be ashamed to admit that there have been several years I might not have gotten my tree down before February.  I also need to better organize everything and try to come up with a better storage system for all the seasonal decorations I have.
So there you have it.  My goals for January.  


No comments: