Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years Eve & New Years Day

We had a fun New Years Eve.  We both worked and when Barrett woke up from his nap we went to my brother's house for my niece's birthday.  Unfortunately we missed the party but we did enjoy hanging out with them for a bit.  Around 7:30 we left there to head to the big New Year's eve celebration at Buffalo Wild Wings.  They had a great area set up for kids and it was all free.  They had hot chocolate and you could roast marshmallows.  The had a few inflatables and a photo booth too.  Barrett was still a little young to enjoy it.  It was freezing too and I didn't dress him warm enough.

The had fireworks at 9:00.  We got in the car to watch them because I was afraid Barrett would be scared, which he was.
Jessica and Jackson sat in the truck with us so the boys could watch together.  They were sweet.
We headed home after the fireworks.
I love this little ham.  (also I'm still obsessed with the spray tan!)
Family NYE photo. 
Three NYE with our little guy.  I can't believe how tiny he was.  He was just 6 days old in 2012.

New Year's Day we got up and went to Mass and then to Publix.  (Have I mentioned how much I love Publix? Because I love it!)  We came home and watched football.  Then we headed to Matt's house to watch the Sugar Bowl.  Our Tide hasn't done well in the Sugar Bowl in recent years so I was a little nervous.  We had to win to advance to the National Championship game.  
We lost.  It was sad.  But I keep telling myself we have had way worse seasons.  It's sad that for the first time since 2005 there won't be an SEC team playing for the title.  
This guy was a trooper.  It was way past his bedtime and he was so good.  He did fall asleep in my lap for a little while.  We left with 2 minutes left to play in the game when we were down by a touchdown and it didn't look like we were going to get another possession.  Well we ended up getting the ball back and had a pretty great drive that I was listening to on the radio.  I thought I was going to have to pull over I was so nervous.  We threw a hail mary and it was intercepted and that was the ball game.  It's still been a great season.  I'm proud of my team.

No comments: