Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday

Okay i've never in my life done the "black Friday" shopping thing.  To my knowledge my mom never really did either.  My sister went a few times but only as a spectator.  She wasn't really after the deals.  Well as I was looking through the sales Thursday morning.  There were a few deals at Target that I just couldn't pass up.  However, I knew I couldn't go it alone. ( I'm sorta afraid of crowds and don't do well in them by myself.)  I enlisted the help of my mom and my sister. Without them I never could have done it.
I was very organized.  I had already printed up my list of people I had to buy for.  My husband and I have 9 neices and nephews between us.  They had kids pj's sets for $5.  I gave my mom the ad page with the photo of the pj's and a list of the sizes and genders.  She was in charge of that.  They had DVD's for $3.99, $5.99, and $8.99.  I gave my sister a list of the titles I needed and sent her there.  I was getting scarfs.  I needed five.  I had the ad photo and I was set.  We got there at 4:45ish and the line ran the length of the store.  My mom dumped my sister and I out to get in line while she parked the car.  (I didn't get any photos I had my camera but completely forgot)

We got in the store we split up and headed to our departments.  I quickly grabed my scarfs and went to the DVD's, sister had already grabbed the 3 titles I needed and was headed to the electronics to find a few more things.  I met my mom at the kids pj's that was where the battle was.  Women had blocked the display with buggies.  It was brutal.  But I knew my Mom could handle it.  I let her handle the small sizes and I went to the bigger sizes.  We got them all (so we thought, more on that in a sec.!).  Once everyone had everything on the lists we headed to the checkout.  WOW What a line.  They were lined up the length of the store.  My Mom suggested we just break like everyone else was doing.  I said that wasn't the right thing to do so we headed to the end.  Well after standing in line for about 15 minutes Mom decided to investigate.  Turns out we were all standing in line for one cashier.  We quickly got in another line then told everyone they were standing in line for 1 cashier.  I ended up getting 5 scarfs, 8 kids pj's sets, 1 little outfit for my neice (they didn't have her size pjs by the time I got to them), and 3 DVD's for $97.  I felt like that was worth my early wake-up call.

Then we headed to Lowe's for a drill and shop-vac for my little brother.  We were afraid they were going to run out of $30 shop-vac's, they had plenty. We got what we needed and headed home.  We left home at about 4:40AM and were home before 7:30AM.

I got home a got everything out to make sure it all.  I realized there were only 8 sets of pjs.  I remember changing one of the sizes out but somehow didn't get home with them.  I had one set that was the right size but I needed them for a girl and they were for a boy.  My Mom and I decided to go back to exchange them and see if we could get another set.  We got one set and couldn't find the other so I just bought a cute little outfit for her.  It was still worth it!
When we got home Ava and mom put up the village.  They had so much fun! Ava's favorite part was the snow of course.

We made it home with plenty of time to nap before the Iron Bowl!

No comments: