Sunday, November 7, 2010

Time Heals all Wounds

Another loss.. and it hurts!  I think the Lord is trying to teach me to be a gracious loser.  It's tough.  Especially when you're married to Patrick, the biggest Auburn fan I've ever met that didn't actually go to the school.  He's actually been really good but I still know what he's thinking and it makes me angry.  I'm trying to remember it's just a game it's not the end of the world, but sometimes it feels like it!  We made to many costly mistakes and they capitalized on them.  It's sad to know that we were so close but couldn't make it happen.  It makes me sad to see people talk so bad about McElroy when last year they were singing his praises.  I love Alabama and  I love football.  That's my school and my team and it really gets my blood boiling when I hear people put them down especially when they are "fans".  Either be a fan and support or don't be a fan.  We won't be going to Atlanta this year but we will still get a bowl bid and it could be a pretty good bowl since the SEC East is so bad this year especially if Florida beats South Carolina.  If we could find a way to beat Auburn it would wipe away those two losses in my eyes! Although how great would the State of Alabama look to have back to back National Champions and Heisman trophy winners.  But would it be worth listening to all the Auburn fans for a whole year.  I'm not sure it would!
On another note my little sister saw Reese Witherspoon last night in New Orleans at Pat O's!  Cool stuff like that never happens to me!

1 comment:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Well, you said it best.
It sucks losing but it is not the end of the world. Hang in there, stick by your team no matter what and we will be nat. champs once again. Roll Tide!