Thursday, June 18, 2015

Horton House Daily: Week 24

Week 24:  Almost halfway through 2015.
Day 162:  We had a day of pool hopping.  We started the morning celebrating Drake's 2nd birthday with a pool playdate, went to work for a couple of hours and then ended the day swimming with Brittany and the Bailey boys at Grammy's pool.  It was a fun day. 

Day 163:  We headed up to the lake for the evening to celebrate Harper's birthday.  I didn't think Barrett would get in the lake so I didn't put his swimsuit on him.  I was wrong and I'm glad I put his puddle jumper on.  He was a little fish.

Day 164:  We went to see Garth again!

Day 165:  Back to the grind.  Monday morning was coming way too fast.  A big adjustment for me with Patrick's new job is there's no cafeteria on site so I have to pack him a lunch everyday.
Day 166:  Barrett loves this car.  He's finally getting the hang of pushing it with his feet.  I sat and watched him play all over the backyard.  It was one of those just really perfect parenthood moments.

Day 167:  After the crappy 6 months we've had my best friend Lorie dropped off some treats to help cheer us up.  It was so sweet and thoughtful and we've already eaten all the cookies.  I feel like friendship has been a theme for 2015 and it couldn't have come at a better.  We've been so thankful for it.
Day 168:  I feel like every day he looks more and more like a big boy.  He's getting to heavy to carry and so independent.  It makes me happy and sad at the same time.  He's constantly learning new words.  Thankfully he still loves to cuddle!


No comments: