Monday, December 14, 2009

It's Monday Already!


First things first... I am feeling much better today.  I spent a lot of time with family this weekend and did lots of fun things and it really lifted my spirits.  I realize how blessed I truly am ( not that I wasn't aware before).  In church Sunday one of the readings was about how we should not be anxious and we should just trust in God.  I thought about how much I needed that this week.  I am learing to not worry about everyone else and just be thankful for all the wonderful blessings I do have which is more than I deserve. 
I had a fairly busy weekend.  Friday night I was a server at a Christmas Party to make a little extra cash for the Holidays. It was a lot of fun.  Saturday my cousin graduated from The University of Alabama.  So we traveled to Tuscaloosa for one more Saturday this year.  It was so nice. I am so proud of him.  After the ceremony we had bar-b-que back at the house. 




4 of the 6 Alumni Slovensky Grandkids. (Bullet, Ryan, me, & Adam)

7 out of the 12 grandkids!(Adam, Ryan, Elizabeth, Me, Mark, John, & Bullet) (Elizabeth, John and Mark are currently working on their degrees)

Saturday night my sister and I had a slumber party.  It was so nice.  We baked cookies and watched Christmas movies.  We also had to watch the Heisman Trophy Award Ceremony.  And wouldn't you know that our sweet little Mark Ingram won.  He is the first player from Alabama to win the award.  I think he was truly shocked.  He was so sweet in his acceptance speech.  He thanked everyone down to the teachers and team interns.  It was so sweet.  We Alabama fans have caught a little crap since we all made such a big deal out of Tebow crying after we beat Florida in the SEC Championship.  My thoughts on that are... Mark Ingram was crying because he won, Tim Tebow was crying because he lost!   BIG DIFFERENCE. 

Sunday I went to church and then had family lunch like we do every Sunday.  The kids were so sweet.  Then I went home and Patrick and I made deer chili and watched The Christmas Shoes, The Christmas Blessing and The Christmas Hope on lifetime.  I would like to read the books now.  The Trilogy was good except they didn't get the same people to play the characters in all three movies.  That was a little annoying but they were otherwise good movies (if you like the lifetime movie style).


All in all it was a great weekend.  Although I am looking forward to one where I don't have to go anywhere.  My house is a disaster and needs attention.  I did get 5 loads of laundry done yesterday (that was just my clothes Patrick does his own laundry!).  I can't believe we are half way through December and I'm not even close to finished with my shopping ( I actually haven't bought a gift since black Friday!)

No comments: